Have any lyrics in a song changed your life?

Posted

I found a few Lp's in the attic I thought I had lost, will start with one that set me on  journey of self discovery. It was a song by Lou Reed.....Walk on the wild side.

At the time of hearing it for the first time,I connected with the meaning of the Lyrics,I discovered years later that it was about cross-dressers.There were a lot of interpretations about the meaning of the Lyrics and whether Lou Reed was admitting a side of him self in public or whether it was  as  a  lack of his understanding of how and what a cross dresser goes through.

I am not going in to any more details too personal, but it sent me on my journey, plucked up the courage to shave my legs,No one knew, It was a start of a journey that I still have not completed.The very first step I tookin my journey of coming  to terms with who I wanted to be and still do is due to the Lyrics in this song.

The Lyrics broke all the rules of what was socially acceptable at that time and provoked a lot of controversy. It is bringing tears to my eyes writing this...

Posted

This is an interesting topic but please remember  Lyrics have copyright and you can't post lyrics in here unless you own the rights to them , so quote your own by all means but please don't add lyrics from other songs here or put in any external links as they're not allowed on fetish.com. 

Thank you! 

Posted

Music is a huge part of my life, this can be because of the lyrics, the singer,the beat or the actual music itself.

I think hearing the right music at the right time can have a profound effect. The great thing is its like art, each piece can speak differently to each person. 

Posted
Music is my passion, its impacted me in many ways, when I was young I first wanted to play guitar because of Dire Straights *** for Nothing, my parents didn't get me a guitar though I did get to play my aunts from time to time. After being introduced to Iron Maiden & hearing their live album Live after Death the last track on Phantom of the Opera it blew my mind so far away I think it landed 3 years later! After that I had to get a guitar there was no stopping me! (Now play lead/rhythm guitar, bass, & some vocals) A few years later I was very depressed and considering taking my own life the lyrics to the first verse of Maidens can I play with madness made me question if I really wanted to do that & could I break the walls of the place I felt trapped in. From that moment ive always believed there's a way through anything! The lyrics to wanted years by Maiden made me realise I wasn't heading in the right direction for my own life. Cats in the cradle (ugly kid Joe version) made me realise how much my family meant to me. And 2 songs from Mike Tramp Can't take away my rock n roll & loser I really connected with after going through divorce. If there's one sing that's sums this up for me its times like these by the foo fighters.
Posted
On 10/28/2017 at 3:49 PM, Cassie34 said:

I found a few Lp's in the attic I thought I had lost, will start with one that set me on  journey of self discovery. It was a song by Lou Reed.....Walk on the wild side.

At the time of hearing it for the first time,I connected with the meaning of the Lyrics,I discovered years later that it was about cross-dressers.There were a lot of interpretations about the meaning of the Lyrics and whether Lou Reed was admitting a side of him self in public or whether it was  as  a  lack of his understanding of how and what a cross dresser goes through....I am still on that journey and my photos are me. now. ..Not who I want to be..!

I am not going in to any more details too personal, but it sent me on my journey, plucked up the courage to shave my legs,No one knew, It was a start of a journey that I still have not completed.The very first step I tookin my journey of coming  to terms with who I wanted to be and still do is due to the Lyrics in this song.

The Lyrics broke all the rules of what was socially acceptable at that time and provoked a lot of controversy. It is bringing tears to my eyes writing this...

Two songs by a group  called " Free " Heavy Load   is how I felt and still do , although it is Lighter now!The second song..is one that means so much to me it is called...'Be my Friend"....it is how I have felt most of my life.It is not that I do not have any friends....but Friends that I can be myself , Friends who are supportive and friends that I do not have to pretend to be someone I am not.These songs and the lyrics within have been my saviour..seen me through times that quite often.I felt what is the point...but I am still here...Be my friend...was a song that I felt had been written with me in mind. These songs are now on all my devices I am going to buy a new turntable.

There  is one more song by a Female...but I cannot remember her Name or the title of the song...When I do...I will add it here...Check out those songs...and you will understand how Lyrics can help and see you through your darkest  and self doubting moments..!  Cassie

Posted

I love Rock and heavy rock..  it's one of those things that's very personal  music is one of the few media that can bring back memories in such vivid detail for my self in a really good and also bad way at the moment there's a few that really ring my bell as such .

That's a  Band called In this moment some quite heavy but if you think a certain way it kind of all drops into place .

A song called ***.

There's loads more 

C

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I adore music and can quite happily say that I have had certain albums not only change my life, but really help me when I have been feeling down or somewhat depressed. In particular the Outkast albums The Love Below/Speakerboxx helped to raise my spirits through a very difficult time when I was very unhappy with life and helped to make me happy and bring back that spring in my step.

When it comes to lyrics that have made big impacts I would say that my love of Radiohead songs, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Garbage, Placebo, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers and more have all had certain lyrics that have altered my perception of things going on in my life, helped given me clarity or provided comfort.

Posted
On 28/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, Cassie34 said:

At the time of hearing it for the first time,I connected with the meaning of the Lyrics,I discovered years later that it was about cross-dressers.There were a lot of interpretations about the meaning of the Lyrics and whether Lou Reed was admitting a side of him self in public or whether it was  as  a  lack of his understanding of how and what a cross dresser goes through.

I agree with you Cassie, sex and sexuality are very powerful subjects for all art forms. Personally, there are too many songs that resonate with me to list here but 2 are "house of the  rising sun" which turned me on to 'forbidden sex' (the idea of brothels) as a 14  yo and Lithium about the pleasure and *** of bipolar (which has a sexual side) brown sugar by the stones is pretty horny or a pc nightmare depending on your viewpoint :-)

Posted
8 hours ago, Drewxs said:

I agree with you Cassie, sex and sexuality are very powerful subjects for all art forms. Personally, there are too many songs that resonate with me to list here but 2 are "house of the  rising sun" which turned me on to 'forbidden sex' (the idea of brothels) as a 14  yo and Lithium about the pleasure and *** of bipolar (which has a sexual side) brown sugar by the stones is pretty horny or a pc nightmare depending on your viewpoint :-)

I adore Lola by the kinks too, classic TransGender lyrics x

Posted

motorhead changed my life same with Metallica 

Posted

Same here 

3 hours ago, Thesarcasticone said:

motorhead changed my life same with Metallica 

Same here in lots of ways all way back to 1985 ... then the total honesty of korn.... 

Actually met Lemmy....many years ago..

Posted

i got to meet him on his last tour before he passed life changing 

Posted

I sat drinking with him in 1988 in Leeds after a gig ....

Posted

my was only a brief passing but atleast i got to tell him i though of him as a god

Posted (edited)

it is so Nice to find out that I am not alone  in admitting how music...lyrics can help in how one copes and deals with personal issues...Even if there is no personal connection...Lyrics as a member said ,   can really resonate with a members worries...problems...etc...To have that connection...is so important and can help so much...it can make the difference between accepting who one is....or make one angry as to why society will not accept us as who we are...Expression through music and Lyrics is so important....Not many  of us have a release apart from through relating to listening to a particular tune that has a very personal meaning to us...A song..Lyrics...can bring us through our most deepest and unsettling periods in our life..!...I doubt whether I would be here to say that if it was not for a few songs that made me realise that life has a lot to offer...cassie

Edited by Deleted Member
Missing words..
  • 11 months later...
Posted

Started writing my own Lyrics 50 years ago.

Have wrote approx 450 so far.

But without music Lyric writers unknown do not get to where they want.

Posted

Oh so very many have influenced me a great deal!

Posted

Personal thoughts I find help the Lyrics turn out better

Posted

don't worry about a thing by bob marly i sing it to my son to sooth him since he was a baby mostly chosen because it is easy to remember  when times have got bad it has soothed me more so

Posted

Bob Marley love his songs.

And country love songs too.

I enjoy writing them, even though not yet published.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

I live music and can’t have a day without it, but to say lyrics change my life ? No. 

I am a big fan of the Clash but I wasn’t a punk dressed like 

Whats happen during your life and change it is more situations or the day you look into the mirror and told yourself you need to change ! 

In my opinion 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

There are some lyrics that inspire me for sure and who knows how music has changed me? 

Being British I'd dare say that every era has its own soundtrack. Growing up the Jam, Clash, some Bowie. Early 80's were crap aside from Freddy Mercury. Late 80's de la soul, Bomb the Bass, Tribe Called quest and into the 90's with indie and the Rave scene. One might say I have always been anti establishment at heart