BDSM in Literature

Posted

As an author I have a soft spot for books

Anyone read these or got recommendations of other BDSM stories? Titles and authors please but remember, no external links, thanks! 

Posted (edited)

First BDSM Literature that I was introduced to was The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure, Anne Rice, the first two books of the trilogy are interesting take on D/s and erotica, but the last and extended tie-up "The Kingdom" can be skipped.

The first book puts an interesting twist on the sleeping beauty fairy tale.

"Mrs beeton book of household management" is non-BDSM, but there is a lot in the book that relates to D/s relationship and help instruct on the difference between discipline and punishments... find a pdf copy on-line. Very useful for taming a BRAT...

Non-fiction, the "Sexual Outsiders" (ISBN-10: 1442217367)i s helpful, for those that want to understand BDSM relationships and possibly (themselves, as in my case), discusses how shame restricts our lives and the ethics of BDSM....difficult to read sometimes, but is good for getting the mind working on how the BDSM community has generated healthy relationship concepts and washes away some of the institutionalised thinking we still find today.

Happy kinky reading...

Edited by PatientTraveller
Grammar again & spelling
Lord_Blacklight
Posted

Tymber Dalton has many books that would catch the eye. "The reluctant Dom" I think is a good start 

Posted

I loved Story of the Eye! Fell in love with Bataille immediately and bought several other books.

I've read Venus in Furs a couple times--it's a definite classic. I'd like to see the play based on it.

I haven't read Justine, but I'm currently (very slowly) reading Juliette by de Sade and WOWWEE. It's some good stuff. Lesbian orgies in a convent by page 2. It's 1,200 pages so it's only going to get AMAZING, I'm sure.

Delta of Venus and Story of O are on my to read shelf.

I second PatientTraveller in the recommendation for Sexual Outsiders. I reviewed it on my show and it was a good one.

Reviewing books about BDSM and sex is my job so I have all sorts of recommendations, but it's time for work just at the moment.