Kinky shopping for quality goods

Posted

Now there are many sites out there that sell a range in quality of fetish goods from rope crops and loggers to steel insertables and humblers etc. 

If you’re still quite new to exploring your kinks you will have probably settled for cheap but fictional items from sex shops either online or visited ones. I know I did when I first started on the scene. Along with making my own pervertables because I didn’t have the spare cash back then. 

I have since learnt that a good mix of homemade perverables and good quality items will last you a good many years. So where do you go then to buy these good quality items you say ...

Fetish markets - lots of vendors all under one roof. Where you can touch smell try on etc. 

There are 3 across the country that I know of 

The first and biggest is the Birmingham Bizarre Bazar or BBB. 

The second and fast growing in size is the London Alternative Market or LAM. 

And the third which is smaller, would be Bristol’s SWAMP OR South West’s Alternative Market Premier. 

All can be googled for links to their websites and details of when and where they are on. I’d include links but for some mad reason we aren’t allowed to on this site. 

Posted

The best way to find good quality gear is to ask around I think. And yes, fetish markets are brilliant for browsing and finding those special pieces once you're ready to invest. 

I can happily recommend (as I'm sure many can and do) The Bondageman for well, everything. My favourite paddle is a studded one from the bondageman. His wax play candles are fantastic too. 

I'm sure there's more , I used to have a stall at the now defunct Alternative and Burlesque fair in Manchester (and occasionally Leeds) and the gear you could find there was AMAZING! 

I'll come back and add more as I think of'em. 

As to links, it's a guidelines thing, I warn about it 'cos I don't want anyone getting penalty points for doing it.

Posted

I suppose the LAM is what used to be the London Fetish Fair?

• 2 weeks later...
MistressWhilplash
Posted

The LFF (London Fetish Fair) was run by Heather. She found securing a venue so problematic she stopped doing LFF which was a pity as it was alot of fun. 

LAM (London Alternative Market) has always been run but the LAM crew, managed and promoted by Cosmic. 

Yes LAM, BBB and Bristols' SWAMP are excellent choices depending on your location. Also Devotion run by Mistreat have a Maker who always has a large area of Toys to buy through the whole Event. And like many Makers takes Custom Orders. 

As a whole I choose 3 Makers, Alex Cobra the famous whip Maker and Sao Masochist Gentleman who makes exquisite custom Leather Whips, Sjambok and much more. 

Jack's Floggers who attends most of the Alternative Markets and has his Web site. Always well balanced excellent Toys. I have my arm length fall flogger as My favourite item from him. 

My Rubber Toys are from Fleur-de-lys who is on Fetlife.com and on the LAM Web site. She makes Leather, Rubber, Wood Toys, Furniture, Boxes for any use, Collars, cuffs, Pony harnesses, Puppy Play items. And has a vast array which she showed in last years' LAM Fashion show. 

For needles, Electricals and other Edgeplay, talk to Edgeplay.com who also makes Parachord Whips for outdoor Hardy whipping. 

There is an array of Makers to choose from yes. It's more of a social Event going along to an Alternative market near you, chatting to the Maker and their regular Customs about the next Custom Toy for you or that special Gift for that someone in your Life. Many also sell Gift vouchers which make excellent gifts. 

When buying for you think of your budget, storage and use. Some Makers can create a Dust cover for your toy. A some can make Custom play bags too for you to buy. See Fleur-de-lys for the Custom bag of your choice from a Design I gave her. 

Take your time choosing. Get a realistic lead time on the item (s) Many Makers can put anything word or phrase onto your Toy to customise it. Also making matching sets, which is one of my favourite choices. I am happy to advice if anyone Politely asks my advice. 

Mistress Whipplash Ma'am 

Posted
@MstressWhilplash thanks for the clarification on the London markets. Personally I’m a huge fan of Quality Control for most of my leather toys - not cheap but they do accept payment plan and you will never need to buy another unless you lose it as the y are that well made. Most events have sellers stalls of at least one or two. Once attendance at my event #AtMyCommand grows, I shall get vendors in and have two short listed already.
Posted

There's some really great stuff on etsy and a second the Jack's floggers great....he s in there too....

C

MistressWhilplash
Posted (edited)

@MistressLagerthaYou are welcome. Chat to Miss_Treat who with Her Submissive husband runs devotion in the Midlands,  about the Maker who has a Stall there. Well made and like many Makers takes Custom orders. Having a Maker Stall at your Event does mean new Toys can be enjoyed straight away. 

Edited by MstressWhilplash
Typo
Posted

I am a regular at Devotion so know Miss_Treat and A.  As the event is only 10 mins away from home for me.  

Promoting my own event much more this year though - At My Command. As interst grew last year organically, now I know people like the idea and that it is so different in content to other femdom events. More people need to know about it. 

MistressWhilplash
Posted

I miss Devotion as I haven't been up there for a couple of years. When is your Event, it would be amazing to attend yours Saturday night, then Devotion the next day as a full weekend of fun. XX

Mistress Whipplash Ma'am