Newbies

Tillysub

Posted

So I have been on the site for a while now though I don't post in the forum (I swear far too much) I am often found loitering around in the lobby. I have noticed that there are alot of young people who are coming online with little or no understanding of the lifestyle struggling to understand why they are the way they are. When I was young, many moons ago (like many many) there wasn't an online community like this to turn to for advice and knowledge. I feel as a community we have a responsibility to individuals new to the life.

I'm wondering whether as a site the admins and the members would consider a section on the forum just for newbies. Not just BDSM but all areas. Somewhere that they can access experience based guides, how to advice, and post their own questions about the first few steps into this beautiful world. Dedicated to them - where there are no stupid questions and we expect them not to know their safe word from their elbow. Also a specific place for them that we can sign post them to during chat when they are perhaps making mistakes or not fully understanding safety issues.

I know the first response will be that the forum is the place for this - however there are often posts of a more experienced nature and the less experienced individual may feel intimidated by that. Also posts can move so fast that it is difficult to find past topics specifically.

I feel the community would embrace this and respond accordingly knowing that they are talking to a newbie and I feel that our duty to up an coming kinksters of the future would be better served!

But enough about what I think - what do you think?

Posted

Hi @Tillysub it's something we've noticed and there is a newbie forum coming soon...it's like we read your mind! ;)

Posted
Great post tills, don't forget some newbies to the lifestyle aren't so young either.
Posted
i agree. iv said it before . tilly you rock oh awesome 1
Posted
Lovely writing as a stranger here First time here Two things people should realise here courtesy and honesty are the things you give always Loyalty and trust come as the relationship grows Only my opinion of course
Posted
Well said tilly, very eloquently put and entirely truthful! Couldn't agree more! xx
Posted
1 hour ago, VictoriaBlisse said:

Hi @Tillysub it's something we've noticed and there is a newbie forum coming soon...it's like we read your mind! ;)

Or more concerning - maybe I read yours! Excellent to hear! Any idea what it would look like?

Posted
2 hours ago, Tillysub said:

Or more concerning - maybe I read yours! Excellent to hear! Any idea what it would look like?

At the moment that's all I can reveal, but it will be awesome, obviously. ;)  Feel free to suggest stuff you'd like to see. We're always looking for feedback! 

Posted
That is an excellent idea, it is good to know it was heard. You are an awesome person, thanks for being part of this community
Pragmaticgent
Posted
Indeed, there seems to be not only a knowledge barrier but any known etiquette and just proper dissemination of information. Closed mindedness on here is rather troublesome. Is hard enough to communication in a virtual realm and honestly get your point across accurately. Let alone with all the added personalities culture barriers different ethics morals and standards. New folks are wonderful. But they are just that new. They don't know what they want like and need let alone how to interact with others yet. I myself included at times. We should preach trust combination and respect. Listen learn and interact... Most if all make positive memories and help each other enjoy life..
Posted
I would proffer a possible cause 50 shade of misinformation. Then again they have made a lot of ***. Which was the object.
Posted
On 19/03/2018 at 3:24 PM, VictoriaBlisse said:

On 19/03/2018 at 3:24 PM, VictoriaBlisse said:

I would really like to see an “ask a dom” and “ask a sub” section where the community can reply to questions asked by newbies based on their experience. And as I said some guidance/information written by people  in the life on the basics - aftercare, safety, things to look for etc compiling a kind of library of information that is static on the forum and easy to find