Beginner Advice on Bondage

realtreebaby13

realtreebaby13
Posted

So I've always been interested in trying bondage and I finally have a partner who wants to try too.. But we are both total beginners. Any advice on starting out? What to start out with? And how to ease into it?

Posted

There’s so many options these days (sounding like an old person who didn’t have access to anything but books 20 years ago) to get good information about starting out. 

Good starter books to get are from the Two Knotty Boys - plus they have YouTube clips of some of their stuff. The books will go through safety, different types of ropes, tips that make a big difference. 

Secondly, look into your local peer rope groups or rope workshops. Hands on learning with others is a lot better than just using books. 

Finally there’s so many good websites that cover basic ties such as www.theduchy.com

As with every activity involving a skill set, take it slowly. There are so many photos of bondage out there that look fantastic - but actually require a level of skill to safely do.

Another of my favourite bondage authors is Douglas Kent - he has a great passage in one of his shibari books.

“Don’t be Some People”. Here he makes a point that there will always be people who do things that aren’t safe or apply common sense - his take on this is not to be Some People.

Some People will see limb lifts and think the neck is a limb. 

Some People will see a list of unacceptable rope types and think they can use steel wire instead of rope.

I love his view on common sense needing to be applied in bondage. 

Take your time - if possible go to peer rope groups - and you’ll learn what you need to know.

Heels 👠👠

Posted
ropes kink is a difficult one, its best to get some classes not expensives or go to munches and ask if any kinksters are ropes experienced. First thing is to know your body. Parts are not to be tied up or put too much pressure on. Search bdsm ropes safety and you will get plenty of advices.
Posted

you don't need rope for bondage...

plenty of good restraint kits... some very much for beginners - some a bit more advanced.