Has anyone heard of Kinky Coves

ojoblue

Posted

Have been in communication with a Mistress, she asked me to book a room with Kinky Coves, not sure about whether it is real or a scam, doesn't feel right, 

Anyone know anything about them

Posted

A quick look in your favourite search engine can answer part of your question, as for the scam part, have you met socially at all? Is she a Pro Domme because most would have their own premises and no need for you to book somewhere..if she's not..why is your first meet taking place in a hotel at all? If nothing else it implies a certain expectation and  you may feel pressured into doing something you wouldn't ordinarily want to.

For what its worth my instinct says avoid, or certainly meet somewhere else in person before paying outrageous sums for accommodation to meet a stranger..especially one you doubt is genuine.

Posted

it is a scam.
some things don't always necessarily mean scam - the first Pro I saw didn't have her own premises, but she had a much lower rate - but you pick the premises and pay the hire of that in addition to her rate.  

But, Kinky Coves is a scam.  

I've just looked up one of the address on Google Maps - it's a Barber Shop : some of the others do relate to real houses, but I guess if you knock on the door they'll be no one in

In fact, I've looked up one on Rightmove and it's listed For Sale.   So, turn up - no one is in. Another is listed for rent.

How the scam works - you pay the *** for this premises - the prices seem reasonable, they're in line with other legitimate premises (the 'equipment list' is lifted directly from Hoxton Dungeon suite website - which is a real premise - it's also a hell of a lot of cost, the venus alone is a grand, so.....) you then turn up, knock on the door - no answer.  Any phone numbers you had are now dead and - well, what you gonna do : it's an awkward one to raise a dispute with either your bank or the police.

Also Kinky Coves, they likely have a UK bank account, but the website is not UK registered.  It's also similar to a scam that's ran in various parts of the US, so it's probably the same people moving around areas, repeating the same thing : pose as a Mistress, express an interest to play, "I'm not a Pro - I'll play with you if you book the premise" - chances are it's just some guy using stolen photos anyway.

Kinky Coves website, all the photos are stolen - one is even a set photo from 50 Shades!

Posted

sometimes - if something doesn't feel right, follow instinct.

But, it was a good idea to check.  I was chatting with my wife while we were researching it and we could see how people could fall for it.

She spotted the equipment list listed was lifted from the Hoxton website and that's only knowledge you'd know if you'd already been there - the thing I found odd was that there were so many of these premises which, again, someone new might not spot.  

But yeah.  If in doubt, y'know - ask :) 

Posted
The same "chances are it's just some guy using stolen photos" principle could also apply to a number of online findoms who advertise for paypigs then get pissed of when they're called out. Just saying... x
Posted

absolutely.  always do research... (mind, that can apply to before calling out)

• 1 year later...
RosesHaveThorns75
Posted

So where is considered a reliable place to look for genuine Dommes & pro-dommes?!? Via magazines or has it changed to online now?!?

Posted
3 hours ago, TransSwitchUk said:

So where is considered a reliable place to look for genuine Dommes & pro-dommes?!? Via magazines or has it changed to online now?!?

whilst not the 'only' places.  

if you go out to munches and events in local areas you can see people are at least as they say - you know somebody is a Domme and not a guy behind a computer trying to scam people.  Whilst it's always possible someone may try to run a con, you can see who is known and regular.    This doesn't mean they are 100% bona fide people - that's another story - most regions have at least one or two people wandering around who arguably shouldn't, lots of grey areas... 

there's a mixed bag from Pros who got to munches - some don't like to be perceived as touting for business and others find people befriend them for the wish for free play - but, some do and are clear on their lines.  Some events have house Dominants and again, there's some slipped through one net or another but most are generally pretty reliable.  It can also be something that helps you gain confidence in someone if you see they're a house dominant.

Believe it or not, most of my interactions comes via twitter - if you see someone selling clips via a reputable clipstore then they've been verified by the store - and you can see how involved they are (or aren't).   

The only kinda problem with the above is it favours the established, the known and the names - not that these are not people who've worked and done well - but, certainly - you can have someone reliable who is starting out but disadvantaged.