Security settings...

Posted

Can ones own security settings override or prevent from messages from members from this website being able to send messages to me for me to read..Any advice would be really welcome , I use Macs...and have Mackeeper installed ...a very comprehensive and incredibly sophisticated security and filtering system...Could that be the problem..Cassie

Posted

Hiya, if you're message settings are set so that everyone can send you messages there shouldn't be any problem with you getting messages at all. :)

Posted
Yes. I'm a total newb and I cannot say hello. So... hello!
Posted (edited)

Hope this is picked up by a moderator....All my filters in message settings are showing green..activated...I have ticked every option about allowing all members and most age groups to send me messages...The only option I have not ticked is the option for the Chat Room...I have no one in my ignore list....I have been through everything I can think of..I received a Hello through this post because this member could not send me a message...I am at my wits end...A massive plea for help...The only messages I seem to be able to receive from other members is if I have made first contact...Cassie

Edited by Deleted Member
Added info...
Posted
4 hours ago, Cassie34 said:

Hope this is picked up by a moderator....All my filters in message settings are showing green..activated...I have ticked every option about allowing all members and most age groups to send me messages...The only option I have not ticked is the option for the Chat Room...I have no one in my ignore list....I have been through everything I can think of..I received a Hello through this post because this member could not send me a message...I am at my wits end...A massive plea for help...The only messages I seem to be able to receive from other members is if I have made first contact...Cassie

Hi Cassie, it's probably best to submit a ticket to support, they'll be able to look into this, it seems it mgiht be a technical blip of some kind.