Skoyko

FTMs, MTFs, Genderqueers and Chasers.

Skoyko
Posted

Help me understand why people who are sexually attracted to transpersons are called chasers, and why it's a bad thing.

I've had the experience now on multiple occasions to find someone to have circled back to my profile repeatedly, and messaging them to find out that they'd been too scared to contact me due to fear of being labeled a chaser.

Why is it not okay to sexualize the transbody? I sexualize the cisgender male body. Is that a bad thing?

I don't at all mean to offend any fellow transgenders. But... there again, why should it be offensive? This an explicitly sexual site, made for kinks and fetishes. Sometimes an entire body is a kink for someone. (For instance: big muscle heads do it for me.) But that doesn't mean that the mind owning the body is being disregarded, does it? At least, it hasn't been in my experience. So I must have a very different experience then, that's the conclusion I've come to.

What experience have other transpersons had wherein this has been a bad thing? It's so much more often that the transbody is hated. Why is it bad to be appreciated, even if it's a work in progress? Or even if you don't intend to change? I know I'm going to receive some flak about this, and that's okay. I genuinely want to know what's going on with this, and what downsides there are.

• Like 3
Skoyko
Posted

Potentially this thread should be moved out of this forum and into another. Please let me know if that's the case. I just wasn't sure where to place it...

eyemblacksheep
Posted

I think there's a subtle difference.   Are they attracted to someone who happens to be trans, or attracted to because they're trans?  Is it that they're attracted to, or are they fetishising.

Slate did a really good article a while ago, but sadly external links aren't allowed so you'll have to look it up.

But effectively, chasers are fetisishing and objectifying trans bodies rather than it being an attraction.

Because of this, those who've dated chasers often find them awful people.  

Posted

I think a lot of people are scared cause they think that they are gonna get labeled as something they aren't, Like for example I am attracted to transmen and transwomen if they already fulfill my standards of beauty but I know people who are attracted to these people because they 'chose to chang' to fit that beauty standard. 

Skoyko
Posted
16 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Slate did a really good article a while ago, but sadly external links aren't allowed so you'll have to look it up.

But effectively, chasers are fetisishing and objectifying trans bodies rather than it being an attraction.

I found the article you were talking about, and it brings up a good point that I hadn't thought of. It might be *my* experience as a transman to have met nice chasers that are into my body and also my personality, but as always, women have it sh**tier.

13 hours ago, MisterKBDJ said:

... but I know people who are attracted to these people because they 'chose to chang' to fit that beauty standard. 

Oof, that's disheartening. D;

Thanks for your responses, guys.

3SumQueen
Posted

Most people sexualise me for having tattoos, they don't consider what i want and just see me as someone who fits into their fetish or sexual preference for someone who has tattoos. It's completely unflattering and offensive because i didn't have these tattoos for them personally nor to be sexualised (was in a long term relationship when i had most of them done for me).

I'm disabled now and keep that to myself as i thought it would be a fetish for many guys but it actually puts them off despite them not even asking/knowing how it affects me. Fetish is a very tedious area i feel, so many people do objectify in their own way and go for the sex angle first over everything else. It's pretty much the same everywhere though and the tattoos are not being removed so i have to deal with it or ignore it. If you're only looking for sex though that has it's advantages as objectification is shallow and i have my own objectifications and can fulfil them easily.

Skoyko
Posted

D: Your tattoos are beautiful, but your face is moreso. Sad to hear that people wouldn't listen to and respect the words that come out of it before fetishizing any part of you. I'm sorry to hear.... I'm realising now why it's a bad thing, chasing. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you meet someone soon that is interested in all parts of you.

• Like 1
3SumQueen
Posted

Thanks, wasn't expecting all that.

I've accepted it's part and parcel of the internet way but doesn't mean i entertain it. At least you've found people who don't want that label, i think that's good.