Am I being catfished?

Pogue92

Posted

Hello

I am a Sub male with limited experience in BDSM. I have recently met a Dom female who lives near me online on OkCupid. We messaged then emailed for a couple of days before deciding we wanted to meet up. We have been sexting and sending each other pictures. She asked me to make an account on ALT.com she said in order to learn her fetishes, I made an account then she said she wanted me to upgrade to a gold membership to have access to her account which would cost £30, I had a look into it online and found out that members can make *** by bringing new people to the site if they get them to sign up. I asked her to help me confirm that it is her in the pictures before I pay by sending me a picture giving me the middle finger which she has so far refused to do.

What I want to know is does this seem to anyone else to be a bit suspicious or is this pretty normal in the BDSM world?

Thanks for any advice. 

Posted
Personally I would not pay out for a site when there are other platforms you have been messaging on for free. She could easily transfer that information over too you without you signing up to another site. I would cut my losses and begin my quest again. X
Subseeker246
Posted
You are being conned, cut your losses and look elsewhere.
Posted
Yup! Definitely another con artist buddy. The moment *** is involved, you should turn around and run a mile!
Posted
Unfortunately this sounds all too common, a lot of cons out there my friend....
Posted
No *** should ever be exchanged..or suggested..or spoken of.This is not about that..
Posted

As soon as *** gets involved, it gets suspicious. No Dom/Domme worth their salt would never open with this sort of catch. I've had a few "Doms/Dommes" that tried this with me and i really dont understand why this bait and switch exists. 

Never involve your cash when it comes to someone you met online as it will end up with you out of pocket...

If you ever get users on Fetish.com who do this, do not hesitate to report them imediatly or contact a FetMod or support about the user who tries to convice you or anyone of this

Posted
Being pulled away from the website where you met, is frowned upon, and isn't why you joined this site. Stick to your gut feeling and part company. For someone not willing to cooperate with a simple image request, immediately tells you that the female wasn't probably a female; a guy pretending. Time waster.
Posted

I was on Alt for a number of years, I met my last 2 long term sub partners there..so there are some genuine members.

However, I can't emphasise enough that you are being scammed..the blogs there were always full of posts from submissive..newbies usually, with "I belong to Goddess whoever" type names, and posts stating they'd paid however much, and been strung along and dumped before meeting, often after having carried out tasks, which some say they were subsequently blackmailed over, or paid for a supposed starter kit, dungeon hire , or any number of wishlist items, as well as gold membership...which is pretty pricy..incidentally...silver membership is considerably cheaper and gives access to  the same things as gold, so that's a blatant lie you've caught her in right there..from what I understand, she will ask for your log in details on alt..in order to tailor your profile to her liking, lock you out of it and use it to message others she's trying to scam with them thinking she is you, extolling her virtues and trustworthiness etc etc, hope that makes sense.

My advice, delete all her details and walk away, Now.

Posted
its not suspicscious as much, look at the bright side you will get a premium membership and get access of the benefit. The blind side is she most likely to ignore you after you doing it. As long as you dont give your personal details like card details, real name etc....you haven't have you?? so do it the right way and just take a membership without her reference ;)
Posted
I was on ALT years ago when it was free, wouldn’t waste my *** on it now. You could try fetlife which is similar
Posted
... and free (at the moment); ALT has just turned into a *** making scheme.
Posted

yeah, what is going to happen here is that she is going to get a sign up referral for recommending you - and then she is probably going to ghost you.

Posted
Unfortunately most apps r like that bots sign up for chat cam chat scamers the genuine ones rarely reply nd you will find they are vanilla
Posted

golden rule is that *** should never come as a surprise.

of course

it's feasible you might talk to someone who wants coin if you want pictures/video/skype/etc. but even then it's all down to how much of a surprise that is.

Posted (edited)

I'd say she is looking to make ***. She invested a lot of time in doing that though, which seems a little strange so either doesn't know what she/he is doing or has a lot of spare time on their hands. Or was genuine and saw an opportunity to make some *** off you.

It could be you have offended the person by taking all the sexual stuff you enjoyed as genuine and now she has asked for something you are questioning her but to be on the safe side i would be cautious. Only do things that you're happy to do with strangers and don't inconvenience yourself for them.

Edited by 3SumQueen
Posted

Thank you all for your advice. Just wanted it to be confirmed for me, I decided not to bother and continue looking elsewhere for a Dom.

Thanks again :-)

• 6 months later...
Posted

This topic saved me some *** .. had a similar experience with a Dom through emails and she was asking for me to pay for equipment and all. Considering I am new to all this I would have easily fell into the trap. This forum topic made me rethink 

Posted

Definately a con/scam my friend....I'm brand new here but can only offer my experience of other sites out there, and that the large majority of online contacts I have had have turned out to be a chance to scam or con me.....you'll get wary after a very short time and will know a scammer as soon as they rear their head....

Try not to invest too much during the course of swapping pictures and texts etc...until you meet the person and know they are genuine, you could be sexting and swapping pictures with some sweat-shop fiend sitting in his grandma's basement trying to score some quick coin off unsuspecting people looking for genuine meets/relationships/whatever...

Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

it's well a con 

I have had it done to me about a billion times lol

they seem to be on every site always doing the same stuff

Posted

Yes i think you.Question whether you hand *** to a total stranger you meet in the high street.