Is my profile putting members off from sending a message.?

Posted (edited)

Hi..is it me or how I have described myself that is putting off members from sending me a message...or whether to  post a comment on my wall..etc...I have been a member for quite along time and am now getting to the stage that I feel that I am wasting my time in continuing to be a member.!...I joined another website about 3 months ago...receive about on average  about 20 messages a day.!...No problems in being in contact..I am wondering whether there is a technical problem in why I do not receive messages etc from members..or whether it is a case that no one likes me ,or  my honest profile..or is to scared to make contact.!.I would love to hear from even one member who has tried to send me a message from the time I joined this website and never got a reply..!...I really hope it is a technical problem..if not..then I will have to think twice about changing my profile and how I come across.!..I have contacted fetish.com numerous times...and have I got anywhere in resolving the problem...like hell I have..Will not bother to renew my membership unless someone within the company or a tech savvy member can help me out.!..Cassie

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

Hi Cassie, 

I'm sorry you feel like you haven't gotten the help you've needed. I will do my best to explain the messaging filter here, in case that is the problem with you not receiving messages. 

When you open you're inbox you'll see a Settings symbol at the top.
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 9.59.49 AM.png

Click on it, and you'll get to the Message Settings where you can add filters that decides who is allowed to message you. 

If you want to activate a filter you click on the switch on the left hand side so it turns green, and then check the corresponding boxes.
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.07.41 AM.png

In this example, I have added a filter relating to the Age of other users, and I have checked the boxes for the age groups I want to be able to send me messages. No one under the age of 25, and no one older than 44 can send me messages in this example. 

When you're done managing your settings, don't forget to click 'SAVE':

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 10.04.19 AM.png

****** If anyone would like me to explain what each of the filters mean, please let me know and I'll be happy to do so! :) 

Cassie, please let me know if this was helpful for you or if you have any other related questions.

Upforit666tranmere
Posted
Cassie, Chris here like you I'm trying to contact like minded people. I'm in Tranmere, share your frustration. Where are you, whatever turns you on ?
Posted

I think - a good friend of mine often says : keep it short but make it count.  It may be worth making your profile shorter, tidier and highlighting key things about you first.

Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think - a good friend of mine often says : keep it short but make it count.  It may be worth making your profile shorter, tidier and highlighting key things about you first.

I hope you do not mind me asking you this , I could send you a message , but the question might help generally..When you check any one out for whatever reason..? Do you only go by the profile or do you read the interview as well...I am just wondering whether the two should be more closely interlinked..Cassie

Posted
13 minutes ago, Littlejay1992 said:

Your profile is much too long love, keep it short and simple, we don’t need to know about your exes or anything like that.

I am learning..It is so good to have all this advice...Thanks..new profile to follow...as  someone said in a very old post...leave alot to the imagination..that is what I hope to do..thanks..

Posted

I've read some interviews, but not all.

I think it's a good feature, but again something where it's possible for people to find out more for sure - but an initial profile should be concise to the point.

Not that I'm saying mine is brilliant, mind.  But some see a wall of text and are put off.

Posted
49 minutes ago, Cassie34 said:

I am learning..It is so good to have all this advice...Thanks..new profile to follow...as  someone said in a very old post...leave alot to the imagination..that is what I hope to do..thanks..

I hope it goes better for you 😊