Jump to content
mjwhitewolf

Is this a good place to find someone?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Is this a good place to meet someone? I saw there's a dating/browsing section, along with a forum and chat, impressive, but is it successful? The dating section of this site seemed limited in my area. I've used Tinder, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid with some success, but they don't have enough people in my area of the midwest.

Edited by mjwhitewolf
  • Like 1
Posted

Hey there, if you're looking for a particular relationship definitely add an add to the personals section:

https://www.fetish.com/dating

*puts mod hat on * Just be aware the forum isn't the place for personal ads, general discussion around personal ads and such is grand though. 

 

:)

Posted

If you check out my latest post...then the answer would be NO..!..Cassie

Posted (edited)

Victoria, but I'm asking is it even worth my time? I'm not in a big city and the options here seemed limited or they haven't logged in for 5+ months.

Edited by mjwhitewolf
  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, mjwhitewolf said:

Victoria, but I'm asking is it even worth my time? I'm not in a big city and the options here seemed limited or they haven't logged in for 5+ months.

Yep, asking those knds of questions are fine. My answer is...I don't know. I think it might be worth it, as there's loads of people joining all the time and if you have a personal ad, someone in your area may sign up and see it. But it's up to you really to decide. Others might have practical advice to give you.  I'm kinda biased as I work here. :)

Posted
8 minutes ago, VictoriaBlisse said:

Hey there, if you're looking for a particular relationship definitely add an add to the personals section:

https://www.fetish.com/dating

*puts mod hat on * Just be aware the forum isn't the place for personal ads, general discussion around personal ads and such is grand though. 

 

:)

Already created one, no one responded..So I'm assuming this place is dead unless I'm in London, NY or LA

  • Like 1
Posted

Out of frustration .I joined another website...receive on average 12 to 20 messages a day...so easy to use ...so easy to reply..this website has a real serious issue about contacting other members ..ease of use etc..Cassie...

Posted

Okay, what site?

1 minute ago, Cassie34 said:

Out of frustration .I joined another website...receive on average 12 to 20 messages a day...so easy to use ...so easy to reply..this website has a real serious issue about contacting other members ..ease of use etc..Cassie...

Okay, great, what site?

Posted

BDSM.Com...Cannot go wrong..Cassie..Be quick before this is removed..

Posted

I will try again...BDSM.com..good luck..if this is not allowed .do not worry..I will find you and give you my fetish.com e-mail address..Cassie

Posted
2 minutes ago, mjwhitewolf said:

Already created one, no one responded..So I'm assuming this place is dead unless I'm in London, NY or LA

I think it's not quite as focused as that but I guess big cities have more people, so that makes sense. 

You have to think about the content of your ad too. If you're looking for something very specific, it's going to be harder to find a response. Than someone who is being more general. 

And then there's how your ad reads. You've got to capture people's attention with it. 

But the personal ads aren't the only way to get to know people here. So it's workth checking out the forum and chat, especially if you're looking for the social side of the scene too. 

  • Like 1
Posted

It's not very kinky if I have to follow normie rules to finding kinky people, I'll just go back to tinder then ffs.

 

This thread can be deleted, thanks.

Posted

Oh, and if you have an specific concerns re: contacting other members and the ease of doing so, submit a ticket or start a thread in the tech support forum. We're  always looking for feedback and ways to make fetish.com easier to use. 

  • Like 2
eyemblacksheep
Posted

you know - all the vanilla rules for meeting people apply in the kink world too.

There's not "hot horny sluts" in your area wishing to do anything for minimal effort.

  • Like 1
eyemblacksheep
Posted

for success ratings - I do know people who've met people through here.  I haven't. Buuut... I don't put all my eggs in one basket anyway.

  • Like 2
Posted

I'll just fuckin delete my account then. Enjoy your "kinky" vanilla site people.

  • Like 1
eyemblacksheep
Posted

you sound like a right catch.  good luck with your search.

  • Like 2
Posted

Maybe a much clearer way of how to meet members would help...at this moment in time no one has bothered to help or explain the settings I need to receive messages...I have struggled for ages to work things out..and no luck..I posted the same profile etc.on another website...and since I have started to type this  comment..I have received 8 messages from the website I only joined recently..Cassie...Going by the comments I have yet to read..I do not think I am alone...Cassie

Posted
1 minute ago, Cassie34 said:

Maybe a much clearer way of how to meet members would help...at this moment in time no one has bothered to help or explain the settings I need to receive messages...I have struggled for ages to work things out..and no luck..I posted the same profile etc.on another website...and since I have started to type this  comment..I have received 8 messages from the website I only joined recently..Cassie...Going by the comments I have yet to read..I do not think I am alone...Cassie

Unless you have changed your message preferences, then it is set up so anyone can send you a message. If you've changed your settings, then that will effect who can message you.  

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

you sound like a right catch.  good luck with your search.

Thank you...it is so nice to get a compliment like that...If you haven't caught any one yet...you deserve to.!..Wish you all the best..Take care case..sorry..Cassie..

Posted
8 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

you know - all the vanilla rules for meeting people apply in the kink world too.

There's not "hot horny sluts" in your area wishing to do anything for minimal effort.

Indeed. I completely agree. 

  • Like 1
eyemblacksheep
Posted
4 minutes ago, Cassie34 said:

Maybe a much clearer way of how to meet members would help...at this moment in time no one has bothered to help or explain the settings I need to receive messages...I have struggled for ages to work things out..and no luck..I posted the same profile etc.on another website...and since I have started to type this  comment..I have received 8 messages from the website I only joined recently..Cassie...Going by the comments I have yet to read..I do not think I am alone...Cassie

a question though is quality over quantity.

if the 8 messages are all potentially great then that is a difference.

If however they are a bunch of guys typing one handed, copy paste messages, bots, or people trying to lure you to a premium chat - then it's better to have no messages.

  • Like 1
eyemblacksheep
Posted

I'd even go one further.  I've flirted in and out of using Fab.  A friend was kind enough to leave me an endorsement or something on there because it's a site that's difficult at first - but once you rack up ratings it's much easier to meet people.  But, it's effectively meeting people for NSA and casual sex.   The worst that can *likely* happen is bad sex.  (Obviously other risks apply - I'm not trying to sound like Greer here)

Into the kink world - there's a lot of shit can go wrong.  Sexual barriers being crossed, dangerous play, physical or emotional damage.  I'm more worried towards those happier to jump into things too quickly.

  • Like 2

×