Newbie here

beginersub

Posted

Hello, I have for the past two or three years been very much into BDSM. I have never practiced it and I only know about BDSM from what I red on the internet, I am looking to engage with other people here about BDSM.

Posted

Welcome. The forums is a good place to start.

Posted

Welcome.

I agree with @3SumQueen the forums are a great start. The magazine has a lot of information too, and if you want to know about specifics the fetish section is pretty comprehensive..and when you're ready to meet people to talk about everything face to face, the events section lists all sorts, from classes in ropework, to munches and play events..and in the meantime the chat rooms here might suit you.

Posted

if you're in London then you're really spoilt for choice if you want to learn.   Look up Club DVS, they run munches, workshops and clubs designed for beginners to get their toe in the water.

• 1 month later...
Tripod-3939
Posted

iam a hands on learner i not one to read and learn

Posted

I think it's a bit better to do little bits of both.  

I mean, if you try to self teach impact play (easy? right?) and wonder why you/your sub is ill afterwards because, say, you (were) hit in the kidneys - then, yeah, you should have done some reading first.

Or hands on rope and you get something wrong and it slips and ***s someone.

Always utilise all resources.