Manners....another powerful Asset👍👍

Jed

Posted

@Rosie777 I also have dyslexia, and I have a form of EFD  (executive function disorder) its more common with those with adhd which I fortunately don't have, it means my brain can't pay attention in the way most people, even fellow dyslexics do..I have to work harder to string a sentence together in a way that makes sense to other people it's not just the letters my brain confuses but the words too, (though verbally I'm "normal") I struggled all through school, was almost 12 before I could read, and only found a coping mechanism through nursing school, so when a word is  interrupted with numbers or symbols it can be confusing..listing things as bullet points helps keep me on track..so it's not just that I hate text speak for hatings sake, or to be difficult.

Posted

@saphy I just think resorting to name calling and threats negates everything else thats said..I understand you want to support your man, and I'm not suggesting for a moment that you shouldn't do, or that everything else you said wasn't valid..and I'm sorry that my lack of intellect and poor langauge skills prevented me from expressing myself adequately..I'll be sure not to reply to anymore posts by your circle to avoid this happening again and hope we can move past this like adult women..and draw a line under it.

Posted

@MsJax there is and was never any intended malice or confrontation toward You within any of what I said in this post. I clarified what I had said purely to eradicate any and all confusion, which was evident and needed to be addressed. Misinterpretation happens, its one of the joys of being online But Your opinion is and always will be valued so please don't feel the need to withdraw Yourself from any of the topics.

Be safe and well. 

Posted

So to conclude this topic, I think that the general consensus agrees, that with a sprinkle of manners, and the need for a little more etiquette, everyone can "rub" shoulders with harmony and no discord.

Having been on the site for nearly a year, I have had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people, many of which have become great friends, many are commited to the lifestyle and some here just to make friends and find solace in a community that in the main exudes humility, respect and a sense of welcoming that "other" sites have failed to grasp.

I have also been very lucky to have crossed paths with @saphy who, having an in depth knowledge in Lifestyle, has shared who own insights into formal etiquette and manners.

I hope any new members joining the site, feel welcomed and accepted, and grow and develop in their own unique way, and pick up plenty of useful advice from all you regulars.

Thank you all for your contributions and I wish you all well on your journey.

Jed ❤