Visit but no messages

Posted

Blocking is very useful although I have never used it. Each to there own which should be the mantra on this sort of site. I am never rude but just maybe have a different opinion,that's all. But to be honest i've been blocked many times for the discussion not going the way the blocking party wanted. It's just too easy to do and life isn't like that, easy, it's complicated! But some people don't like investing time to other people's opinions.Just Block, very easy.

Posted

we don't owe anyone our time.   

if you're chatting with someone and things are going South, you don't owe any form of explanation for saying 'no' - that's what it all comes down to.   There's been a bunch of threads (and not just on here) but it's only ever the guys who complain about being blocked or ignored.  Which comes down to simple entitlement.

Nobody has to engage with people they don't agree with.  Now, some people think this is a bad thing, or that it puts people in bubbles or yada yada - I dunno, it avoids if nothing else circular arguments from people who are always going to have a difference of opinion.

What I really want to know is why guys are against a block or ignore function?  What is the agenda here? Why don't you want women to have the ability to exit conversations they're not happy to be in?  

Posted
Simple...it's down to ego...and suddenly finding that their preconceived opinion of themselves, is not shared by others. It could quite possibly be that they have never known anyone reject them before; never been told, "'No". The danger then comes when these supposed dominant physically meet a female. What would their response he to her, "No", when she wanted something to stop physically. Could the dominant he trusted, if he can't accept rejection in the conversational, pre-meet zone?
Posted

Happens to me as well but shouldn’t take it personal. I don’t take it personal its normal.

they have the write to choose who thay wanna chat with.

Posted

My real point was that it's very easy to block but not easy to get to know someone and I did say blocking is a good thing to have. Some people already within this subject protrude to know me very well and my motives when it seems to me people on here should allow views to be expessed. There's no right or wrong, some people obviously think blocking is the first tool to use and that's an easy conclusion. I just don't block or more importantly feel the need to. I like to converse even if we have different views or just accept someone else's point of view and move on.

Posted

I think as valid as this conversation is - it is getting a lot away from the original post (people visiting but not messaging) 

But, yes, I see what you mean about blocking seeming too easy - but certainly in a private chatter the time for exchanging view points beyond "I'm not interested" isn't necessary.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

us males don't tend to get anywhere like the volume of messages.  so answering every message doesn't take long.   females tend to get loads more. plus a lot of biennale "hi there" or rude "wanna shag" type messages.  so I can imagine that gets old really quick.   if I message someone, it isn't always a long message, nor is it two words.  hopefully it is interesting enough for them to feel it is worth a reply.

if not, then move on.    a second or third more desperate message isn't going to convince someone you are worth talking to and rudeness is just a no no.    I was brought up better than that.  I save rudeness for the Jehovah's witnesses.  

reading the original post again...    if someone visits your profile, perhaps drop them a message asking if they enjoyed it or had any constructive criticism of your profile..  if no reply is forthcoming, then I am afraid its a case of suck it up and move on..    that's life!

Edited by subbie00
missed some
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I can agree with both sides of the argument, but what I find perplexing is -

You've messaged someone, they've read it, but do not respond in ANY way,

(and I can understand the 'can't reply to all messages' argument - even though the 'Thanks but no thanks' auto message is pretty easy and quick).

And if the auto-message is not to the persons liking, why not DELETE the message - that way the sender knows the recipient has no interest.

But to leave the message sitting there marked as read, does that mean they might be interested and

are biding their time whilst deciding? How long do you give them before sending another (probably unwanted) message?, and risk them being annoyed.

Personally, I will respond with either a personal message (if a non-FinDomme) or the auto-reply message as I would consider it bad manners (on my part) if I didn't.

Posted

a non-responded by read message - take it as this.

I'm not interested
but
you haven't done enough to make me block you.

Perhaps in the future her mind will change, perhaps not - otherwise, just take it as a no and move on.