Is it normal to be scared to go outside of your comfort zone?

Maddie1470

Posted

So me and my dom are new to bdsm we have been getting more and more into it. Well we recently have been experimenting with butt plugs. I allowed him to stick the big one in me in our set I was terrified I was nervous and I had a million thoughts go through my head from should I do this, etc. Is it normal to feel this way? I told my dom and he said do not do things you're not ready for. 

Posted
Gosh yes! We all get scared at some point. There’s 2 types of ***. The first one is a *** that is bought on by anticipation which can end up feeeling amazing. The second is the normal ***, *** of the unknown or feeling unsure/uneasy about events. Sometimes we can turn the second one into the first one. That is why it is important to keep communicating with your Dom & always have a safe word. You must remember that you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. It’s ok to try, then say no or even revisit that task at a later date. Also work upto different kinds of play & toys, you don’t have to go for the most dramatic straight away. And if that kind of play doesn’t work for you then there’s plenty of other things to try but remember it’s ok to say ‘no’ 😊 this is about pleasure & fun, if you don’t like something be clear rather than letting it put you off everything. Your Dom sounds great!
Posted
1 hour ago, BigPolly said:

The first one is a *** that is bought on by anticipation which can end up feeeling amazing. 

This also so applies when you are well  inside your comfort zone.

Yes it's normal to be nervous trying new things just like in real life Remember as the sub you have the power to stop anything at anytime if you don't like/enjoy it

Posted

I think it's natural to be scared when pushing limits.

But, if it's a limit you want to push or are ready for it - it can add to the excitement.

Posted

It is called a comfort zone for a reason :D

It's amazing though how our comfort zone can be enlarged over time, a bit like your butt :ass: :punch: