Help being a good Mommy

Posted

I'm new to being a mommy. New to all of this in general.

I have a babyboy now. He asked me about rules today and if I was going to have any. Naturally I said yes, however I have no fricking clue where to start. We're long distance with a 9 hour time zone difference.

I just need help with ideas for rules that I can easily en*** from afar. I just want to be the best I can for him, ya know? My anxiety has gotten the best of me and I'm worried I'm doing something wrong (even though he hasn't told me otherwise)

Thanks for helping out this new mommy!

PS. If it helps he's not a 24/7 little. and it can take a little bit of coax to get him into little space.

Posted

What does he want you to have control over? Also use soothing words will likely help too.
If you're concerned about doing something wrong just tell him that even though mummy usually knows best and cares for her little boy she also does make mistakes and he needs to tell her when she does that. You could also ask 'soothing' questions too to make sure you're getting things right and that he is enjoying what you're doing.

Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 1:10 PM, 3SumQueen said:

What does he want you to have control over?

He told me he doesn't want to the rules to be too strict and there are certain things I won't control because I find it borderline abusive. He wants independence and I'm willing to give it to him because he's not always in littlespace. I already have a few rules. I think 10 should be a good number of rules. Anything more may be too much for either of us. 

Posted

Sounds like you're doing alright already and maybe are worrying about nothing. :)
I've found so long as you keep communicating well that things tend to progress in a direction that both are happy with.

Posted
6 hours ago, 3SumQueen said:

Sounds like you're doing alright already and maybe are worrying about nothing. :)
I've found so long as you keep communicating well that things tend to progress in a direction that both are happy with.

Maybe you're right. He says I'm the best Mommy he's had. Maybe I am being a bit paranoid. I want to do right by him because he's just so sweet.