Mental bondage

nordstar

Posted
Maybe not a lot of people understand how it works
Posted
I doubt that I know the full extent of the subject, but the idea of achieving mental domination certainly fits my kinks
Posted

I think a lot of people are into it - but it's not something you can "see" and it's often personal between those  involved.

Posted (edited)

I'd be mighty impressed (potentially mentally aroused !!!) if someone could explain it in words that resonated with 'everyone'.

Far too many variables for me.

ps - I couldn't

Edited by callipygian
Posted

Is this the same/similar to honour bondage?  Holding yourself in place to please master/ mistress.

Posted (edited)

re: my post 2 above  - i think i read the original post slightly incorrectly - so maybe off topic slightly - however it may still hold true!

Edited by callipygian
shit spelling!
Posted

Mental Bondage, simply, is any form of restraint without something physically holding.

When I'm with my Mistress I cannot touch my cock unless instructed (not that I'd have any real need to, I guess?) and even if instructed I cannot orgasm without permission.

That's a form of mental bondage.

But mental bondage can come in all forms of other guises depending on the relationship.

Being told what to wear, or, not wear can be mental bondage.

As can what to eat or, not eat.

So much other things in a routine also.  The possibilities are almost endless.

Not being permitted to send or reply PMs without permission - not using the web after a certain time... 

There's a lot more to it than even something as simple as "stand there and don't move"

Perhaps one of the reasons it doesn't get talked about is because it's so common.

"Stand there until needed" is mental bondage.

As is any form of sub/slave positions.

Posted

Mental bondage is probably more common than people think although it probably is something you would engage in whilst in a relationship rather than pick up play or one off scenes.

It is part of the control aspect of domination and can range from a few simple rules such as dont speak until spoken to or not being allowed to sit on furniture, right up to controling every aspect of your life such as what you wear, what you eat, when and how much.

Posted
Personally i feel mental bondage is part of physical bondage, when things are just physical for me it feels incomplete
Posted
3 minutes ago, Lo7tus said:

isn't mental bondage submission ? 

no.

read up for many such examples.

Posted

Interesting I read your comments but they would be things I would train a submissive to do, just not thought of  it as mental bondage before.

Posted

here's another example of a basic but mental bondage.

My Mistress has set me a very simple task.   For 24 hours, no matter where I am, home, work, in public, etc.  I can only pee sitting down.

Really basic.  Hardly a laborious activity

However, as she puts it... there is the inconvenience of having to go into a cubicle to sit down - but - not so much that : every time I have to go to the bathroom I have to think of Her, every time I touch my dick I'm then thinking of Her and that She is controlling even my bathroom usage.

That She still has the control over me despite being so far away at the minute.