Catfishing

SirPiggy

Posted

I really cannot understand why some people pretend to be something they aren't! What's the point in doing this kind of thing when you will inevitably be found out.

it only drives people away (honest ones) from the site never to be seen again.

does doing this kind of thing just for self gratification annoy others?

Posted
I hate catfish. I was reeed in by one, and when I finally found out, they deleted their profile without an explanation or anything. It really does destroy your trust in people. Thankfully I soon found someone who was who they claimed to be, but I was still unsure to begin with
Posted
I’ve had one on here... steal my profile pic and make another profile very close to my name... Even had people call me telling me they’ve spoken to me from here, but how could they have when they haven’t visited my profile 🙄🙄🙄 Very fuckin annoying if you ask me!!!
Posted
Every second contact here so far has turned out to be a fake. But that's an issue predominantly within the category of female Doms, male subs are desperate and easy pickings for fraud and the like, I guess. It gets beyond frustrating.
Posted

I'm often boggled in the sense that I don't receive the level of fakes others seem to do.  Of course, I have been contacted by those not appropriate for mutual benefit - but - I wouldn't say they were fake.

I suppose a very simple telltale sign is - what did you do to be noticed?   It's extremely rare on dating sites in general for women to contact men - totally not impossible, but I think more likely if you've said something in chat or in a forum or something that pricks interest.  So, if you haven't done that - then, what alerted them to you.

It is of course the nature of the beast and no amount of prior vetting can stop some of it - just as it works the other way to; there's plenty of guys send totally useless contact to women 

But the actual catfishing is one to watch - but - it's not exclusive to one place or another.  I just had to report someone on instagram who was posing as one of my closest friends!  That helped make it very easy to spot the fraud...

Posted

This is one of the reasons why I insist on a face to face meeting as soon as possible and definitely before entering any kind of relationship with a person, even friendship. I have lots of internet aquaintences but all my friends are real people I have met

Posted

Seems sensible. I also see no real value in any kind of dynamic that isn't built on trust and mutual respect. Getting really tired of all the ladies out there expecting full on submission just because they declare themselves a Domme. 
And those same ladies getting annoyed by their inboxes overflowing with vapid and thirsty messages by pseudo-subs.

Posted

this seems very unusual.   And "same ladies" seems quite a bold statement.