Sub domme contracts

Wi****

Posted

Hi I was talking with a domme and they mentioned contracts I was curious as to why these would be needed and what they contain generally speaking.

Posted
As with all aspects of BDSM communication is the vital first key before engaging in any play. A contract can be binding of any rules/limits spoken during this communication so that they are adhered to by both parties either as a promise by the sub or so that the Dom(me) does not push further than these rules. Some also use it as a D/s bond so that they belong to each other via a contract.
Posted

contracts are largely symbolic - and not always necessary.   But in ways, it can be spelling out what you (both) agree to do.

Like, I almost have an unofficial contract which is quite high level "I promise to complete any given task to the best of my ability", "To put Mistress first when appropriate" so on

Posted
In this context a contract is not a legal document, but can often be far more important. Sub/domme relationships require a huge amount of trust. A contract is way to make sure that both sides know how far they are allowed to go (and where/how to push the limits) in advance. I take a very dim view of dommes who will not respect pre-agreed limits
Posted
we found it a very useful way to keep track of our Rules/expectations as we realised our play was more complexe than could be readily remebered long term. Also good for keeping everything accurate, instead of thgings slipping over time
Posted

I dont know of course because most contracts especially of that nature are cut to fit . My food for thought speculation would be privacy discloser. And emergancy or insurance greement and or availability to hold eachother to a set # of meetings each period also it might be necessary for some people to have prefferance details of the meetings on paper for trust and peace of mind. Hope that helps just a thought.

Posted

Honestly; it's not over complicated.

They're not binding, legal or otherwise.

Some people like them for the symbolism, because it can feel like you're bound to someone.

Some people do use them to try to coerce consent, which is why it's important to know previous points (not binding)

They can, however, be a good way to set out rules or expectancy 

They can also be useful if for example a Dominant has multiple subs and arrangements may need to be bespoke.  

They are, however, completely unnecessary. But, can be a way to set foundation into structure.  

Take marriage or a relationship - there's no contract - though, we do have a number of laws around divorce, separation, pensions, inheritance, so on - D/s lacks this foundation on it's own.  There's no universal method of releasing a sub or whatever.