Photos

li****

Posted
13 hours ago, callipygian said:

I took both shots and they are pretty much the same image but slightly different crop, angle and lighting - other than that identical!!!  Would appreciate it - i have raised a ticket on the issue!!

I'll see what I can find out. 

Posted
12 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think photos have been a massive bone of contention lately.

I know when I've been listing events I've had all sorts of frustrations because a lot of the official event artwork falls foul - and for munches, photos of the venue location again sometimes fallen foul.

I think we really need to avoid the kind of situation where people are uploading stolen photos (either directly, to try to pass them off as their own - or indirectly, "It's a photo I like") but I think it would cause less hastle if photos got through that shouldn't and then were removed - rather than good photos being blocked.

And equally on that; because it doesn't tell you the username of the photo you are approving you could be presented with a photo and recognised it as someone "scene famous" but not know if it belongs to their account or not.

I know there was someone I reported who was catfishing using someone else's photo.

Some things I'd like to see or suggest for photos

- anyone rejected is given a reason for rejection 

- moderators given a decision on all accepted and rejected photos

- perhaps users of a certain tier can have quicker photo turn around as it go straight to moderators rather than through p2p - faster approval being a "perk"

- One issue I'd had with my photos being rejected was watermarks.  Now, I accept this to a degree due to this being an arguable "contact detail" - but this is photographer/event watermarks - equally, if you are Mistress-whoever then a watermark with your name on is no more or less google-able than your own name.

So, what I'd like to see is a relax on watermarks providing it's clearly a logo for an event/photographer/etc. and not just someone's kik id / tel number / email /etc

I'm going to put this feedback up for discussion with the team - thank you!

Posted
On 12/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, Lilmonster said:

Thank you for all your help @VictoriaBlisse really appreciate it. 

You're welcome, it's what I'm here for :D 

Posted

Good job too Victoria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(re photo / image denial - not a fetish btw)   Just to harp on a bit now...   today i received the THIRD forum message saying your message has had to be deleted (no reference to which image what so ever) - bizarrely i have only uploaded the 'same image TWICE )so why the third message i dont know, understand).   And no reply as yet to the ticket that I raised about tyhe issue (which is fair enough with it being holidays etc)

Do you see what I am saying about it being a not so great user experience (in this example and the others who have commented I am sure)

Anyhow bigger and better things - Happy New year all ;)

Posted
52 minutes ago, callipygian said:

(re photo / image denial - not a fetish btw)   Just to harp on a bit now...   today i received the THIRD forum message saying your message has had to be deleted (no reference to which image what so ever) - bizarrely i have only uploaded the 'same image TWICE )so why the third message i dont know, understand).   And no reply as yet to the ticket that I raised about tyhe issue (which is fair enough with it being holidays etc)

Do you see what I am saying about it being a not so great user experience (in this example and the others who have commented I am sure)

Happy new year 😉

Posted
5 hours ago, callipygian said:

I do see what you mean. I'm sure it's the holidays getting in the way of a reply. As soon as I know anything I'll pass it on. 

There is more work going on to make the photo approval process easier and more consistent all round. It really is something fetish.com are working to make better. 

Posted

I am at the point of not bothering anymore with this photo process.

Seems I had a raft of message on the 31st December - 4 or 5 your image has been deleted messages, 1 image has been accepted,   Also a reply from 'support' saying messages of a woman cannot be loaded onto a male profile - yet i HAD some images of a woman on that 'male' profile previously.  These image have now mysteriously disappeared.

so reading between the lines would seem a NEW rule has been imposed of no female images on a male profile  -in that process some of my images on my profile have been removed.  Bizarre thing would then be the 'approved' message (the only image i have tried to upload recently has a woman as the subject!)

Takes a bit to piss me off -  but I am presently PISSED OFF with it.

Posted

All this photo issue is beyond a load of bolloxs now why people are getting images denied and removed and a new rule set up. No wonder people are leaving and or fed up with this site I am one of those that is putting most of my images up on fetlife as this one is getting past a joke 

Posted
4 hours ago, callipygian said:

I am at the point of not bothering anymore with this photo process.

Seems I had a raft of message on the 31st December - 4 or 5 your image has been deleted messages, 1 image has been accepted,   Also a reply from 'support' saying messages of a woman cannot be loaded onto a male profile - yet i HAD some images of a woman on that 'male' profile previously.  These image have now mysteriously disappeared.

so reading between the lines would seem a NEW rule has been imposed of no female images on a male profile  -in that process some of my images on my profile have been removed.  Bizarre thing would then be the 'approved' message (the only image i have tried to upload recently has a woman as the subject!)

Takes a bit to piss me off -  but I am presently PISSED OFF with it.

I'm sorry that this process has been so frustrating for you. 

I can confirm that it's *always* been the rule that only photos of the person who the profile belongs to (so no photos of a woman if you're a guy etc) are allowed.  It would seem that the earlier photos were allowed through in error and therefore been deleted. 

I appreciate that is frustrating and you haven't been as well informed as you should have been. I can only heartily apologise for this. 

Posted

So we can't put whatever we like on our profiles then I can understand some of the photo rules but that one is just silly 

Posted

This whole thread is one extremely long fob off.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bunny- said:

This whole thread is one extremely long fob off.

Yep ☹️

Posted

This particular rule is to stop impersonation, so people know who they're talking to and they're not getting a false impression. 

I know there's excuses here, and it's because we're working hard to improve this area, but as with any company, changes take time to implement. Mistakes have been made and we apologise for that. 

Posted

Yeah I'll believe that when results actually happen. 

We've heard the same "oh the admins are busy working on a mobile app" excuse for over a year now. Nothing the community asks for has changed or improved. 

Posted

I've just seen a photo of a guy with shit all over his body how the hell as that got passed admins when it clearly states in rules that no scat is allowed, these photos shouldn't be allowed in the first place yet people's photos are being taken down for other daftness. 

Yeah I know you say mistakes get made and some photos get through but that's your admins fault who approve photos not any one else again seems you need to re look at who approves photos more so than these stupid rules.

Posted

It's not a mistake when it happens all the damn time. It's poor execution and lack of attention.

Posted

Once again it continues, this sites whole ethos so it says is Kink Positive and acceptance of others, it seems very lacking either, in this situation. If you're not 18+ verified the you shouldn't have access to pictures (or site). Then you can do away with all the myriad of picture classifications (how can a picture of a dummy's back  wearing rope be classed as NSFW is beyond me). 

Posted

On a more technical issue, when I uploaded a photo from my iPhone, for some reason the site rotated it through 90 degrees.

Posted
21 hours ago, Lilmonster said:

I've just seen a photo of a guy with shit all over his body how the hell as that got passed admins when it clearly states in rules that no scat is allowed, these photos shouldn't be allowed in the first place yet people's photos are being taken down for other daftness. 

Yeah I know you say mistakes get made and some photos get through but that's your admins fault who approve photos not any one else again seems you need to re look at who approves photos more so than these stupid rules.

There is new guidelines for those in photo support to help cut down on the mistakes. It's just being implemented now, so hopefully you'll see a difference soon. 

However, if you do see a photo that is clearly against the rules, please report it. If you're not sure how, report the profile (there's a 'report profile' button on all profiles) and write in a description of the photo you've seen.  That should be enough for it to be found. 

20 hours ago, morris159 said:

Once again it continues, this sites whole ethos so it says is Kink Positive and acceptance of others, it seems very lacking either, in this situation. If you're not 18+ verified the you shouldn't have access to pictures (or site). Then you can do away with all the myriad of picture classifications (how can a picture of a dummy's back  wearing rope be classed as NSFW is beyond me). 

I will pass on this feedback and get back to you. The rules are very important at the moment because of the public visibility of the forums (you can change this in your settings if you want everything to be private) and we have to follow very strict guidelines. This is the reason external links aren't allowed here on the forum, either. 

Active restraint is NSFW, but  obviously a dummy isn't a person. I assume someone has seen it as a person not a dummy. Have you tried re uploading said photo? 

Posted

I also want to clarify that I only work on the forum, I have nothing at all to do with photo approval.  So I will do all I can to find out as much information as possible for you, but I don't have any first hand experience with the photos. 

It is frustrating, I get that. And I'm working as hard as I can to get you guys answers. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, VictoriaBlisse said:

I also want to clarify that I only work on the forum, I have nothing at all to do with photo approval.  So I will do all I can to find out as much information as possible for you, but I don't have any first hand experience with the photos. 

It is frustrating, I get that. And I'm working as hard as I can to get you guys answers. 

your efforts are appreciated :) 

Posted

Perhaps have someone who actually does work in photo approval, or hell, anyone from the staff team to answer all of this instead of getting a mod to hide behind "changes are coming" "I'll report this back" and "well these are the rules". Actual answers make a huge difference. 

Posted

Out of 5 pics I put up 3 were rejected and I have no clue why, 

Posted
1 minute ago, Liam52 said:

Out of 5 pics I put up 3 were rejected and I have no clue why, 

Yep they never ***y tell you why they get rejected and it's probably a stupid dumb ass reason also.