BDSM Public *** & Consent?

Posted

How can acts of BDSM public *** performed among the general public ever be reconciled with the SSC & RACK, if they (the general public) have not given their consent to view such things?

Opinions?

Posted
I don’t think the general public can give consent to public displays of *** or other sexual acts and (this may be contradictory to some of my own kinks and might be an unpopular opinion) I don’t know if it can ever be morally just to take part in these activities in public spaces where there are people around.
Posted

I feel BDSM public *** can be very grey - and, absolutely, you're right - involving the general public as part of your kink is often not fair on them.

But, there are a lot of people who are into BDSM public *** that are perfectly happy with scenarios that are certainly more acceptable ...

So, if the "public" is a private party where everyone there is kinky - or a fetish/play party where others there could reasonably expect to see certain things (even then there's always lines - and why usually there's dedicated play spaces) - then that works.

Equally, never discount the psychological aspects - so for example someone wearing something under their clothes that others cannot see or know about - but psychologically,  it seems the whole world is watching.

Posted

BDSM Public *** is something of a minefield subject. Personally I don't believe the public as a whole can give consent to witness someone else's fetish being played out in front of them. 

However, I think there is room for more subtle ways to humiliate in public, for instance using a very pale shade of nail varnish on a male would barely be noticed by the public yet he would know it was there and mentally it would produce the same effect. With a little imagination you can play around with this fetish without offending anyone

Posted

I think due to the climate of nanny/overly PC climate you have to be so so careful with how BDSM public *** can be integrated into a dynamic and this also depends on the individuals concept of public . 

Generally public consent is not attainable unless you are in a closed environment I.e a fetish club as this is still public but closed . 

Hidden *** is prob the best way to implement this with as previously stated the nail polish right up to butt plugs cuffs and do on I no longer see the wearing of a collar in public as a issue as the amount that pop culture has jumped on this is well kinda sad .

But the main thing is so many people don't want there prudish sensibilitys skewed. 

And we know how overwhelming PC everything is . 

It's very much a player beware .

Posted

got to admit - I'm trying and trying and not sure what is "PC" or "nannyish" about showing some discretion and decency towards others.  Or certainly what is "PC" or "nannyish" about respecting consent.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Im happy being humiliated if it's within a group of people who wish to see.Id love to be led down the high street wearing a collar and leash or sexually ***d but the problem is the general public probably wouldn't wish to see it.Even in a gay pub sexual activity is confined to the toilets.People turn away if things get frisky in public if they really don't want to watch let alone join in.As i sub id love to be used in public.It's not very practical though but there are such places like a sauna where sex and being humiliated isn't yet a taboo where BDSM public *** can happen.