Is bdsm a sexual orientation itself?

lancet79

Posted (edited)

Hello guys I am just curious is bdsm an orientation itself? I am very confused of my orientation, as i felt that i am only aroused by certaim bdsm activities with the same sex. But other than that i simply cant picture myself to be with the same sex in the future, or engage in any other sexual activities with them. But strangely I didnt have much sexual feelings for people of the opposite sex either. Although I did find them attractive, but the sexual arousal just isnt there. Is this normal? Should I be looking for men or women for relationship? I am a guy by the way. Thank you for the help

Edited by lancet79
Posted
Quite simply ‘look for what makes you happy or turns you on’ Don’t label yourself or what you want. A fetish is often there until the moment we cum or are distracted then it stays in that box for another day. BDSM doesn’t have to be about a ltr or about sexual activities nor is it written in a book how it should be followed it is simply a guide to categories of what others find taboo. When I was a Domme I didn’t find it as sexually arousing as I do being a sub but it was far more thrilling in a different way. We take different pleasures from different things so just go with what makes you tingle & don’t get hung up on it. Fet clubs are a great eye opener for activities which might help.