Search Engines access to Fetish.com content

Carnelian2

Posted

Hi,

I have just noticed that contributions to forum discussions can be searched via search engines such as Google.com - this is in spite of the fact that I have a setting preventing my profile from being viewed through any other medium that Fetish.com.

Is there any way to prevent this, so as to maintain privacy?

Posted

This is a very good question, I don't know the answer to it straight away, but I will definitely ask and get back to you. 

Your profile will still be protected, but forum posts are indeed searchable. 

Posted
On 12/8/2018 at 6:07 PM, VictoriaBlisse said:

This is a very good question, I don't know the answer to it straight away, but I will definitely ask and get back to you. 

Your profile will still be protected, but forum posts are indeed searchable. 

This makes me quite reticent to post in forums I have to say. 

Posted

I think something to consider - nowhere is truly private.   But, who is likely to stumble on here by search?  People with a genuine interest in the topics.   People here for the same reasons as you.  

However, I also think that sometimes people have concerns and common sense should always dictate.  We had a discussion at a munch earlier about problems that had happened with people fishing for personal info - always be careful what personal info you give out and to who you give it out to.    This doesn't necessarily mean all cloak - but, to be mindful.   Even if forum posts were not indexed for search (which, btw, is something that rival sites also do / are doing) that, ultimately, anyone can sign up.

Posted

Hi @Carnelian2 we understand that privacy is very important, and we give every user complete control over it.  

To lock down your profile externally (so no one externally can view your profile image or profile, which also applies to the forum), all you need to do is:

1. Go to your 'Privacy Settings', which is found under 'Edit my Profile'. 
2. Under 'Complete Protection' click 'Members Only'.
3. You can also set your privacy so that search engines do not pick up your profile, this is under 'Search Engine Protection'. 

By selecting the above settings, this will anonymise all posts you make in the forum for users outside the site, (i.e. your profile and image will not be accessible).  However, the content of the post will be viewable.  This is the nature of our public forum. 

Also within the 'privacy settings' area, there's a whole raft of other settings you can select (or not) depending on how private you wish to be.

Hope that helps! :) 

• 3 months later...
Posted
On 12/10/2018 at 11:49 AM, leocadio said:

Hi @Carnelian2 we understand that privacy is very important, and we give every user complete control over it.  

To lock down your profile externally (so no one externally can view your profile image or profile, which also applies to the forum), all you need to do is:

1. Go to your 'Privacy Settings', which is found under 'Edit my Profile'. 
2. Under 'Complete Protection' click 'Members Only'.
3. You can also set your privacy so that search engines do not pick up your profile, this is under 'Search Engine Protection'. 

By selecting the above settings, this will anonymise all posts you make in the forum for users outside the site, (i.e. your profile and image will not be accessible).  However, the content of the post will be viewable.  This is the nature of our public forum. 

Also within the 'privacy settings' area, there's a whole raft of other settings you can select (or not) depending on how private you wish to be.

Hope that helps! :) 

Glad I read this. I thought I was locked down. I wasn't but now I am!