Violet wands

Posted

So I had my first experience of a Violet wand on Friday, damn they're nice. 

I'm doing some research on the cheaper versions SS over the restored vintage versions and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the DV8 trade electrodes? 

Posted
In that case maybe I shall do a review when they come 😂
Posted

I havent ried the DV8 ones but I have a cheaper version made for the beauty industry. Whist it doesn't have the variaty of fittings that the antique versions have or the power output, it is perfectly sufficient to give a good session with. You can pick them up fairly cheaply on Amazon or Ebay for around £35/40 I think

Posted

Yeah they're the SS ones that "Kink shops" mark up to £100+. Apparently the DV8 electrodes turn them into a more sadistic tool if required. 

I've ordered some so shall see

• 1 month later...
Posted

Well I have been using a Sold State wand with the DV8 electrodes a short while now and have to say they turn the cheap wands made for the beauty industry into usable tools. 

I have the red devil and Devils hair just now, they are way more powerful than glass electrodes. The red devil is probably my favourite, using it parallel to the skin it good for sensation as the surface area gives a less sadistic feel. However using the tip really helps bend a person to your will, its an effective way to get someone to spread their legs for instance. 

The devil's hair is versatile though and is nice to use alongside impact play. 

Using a Solid State wand is still going to be frowned upon by the vintage restored brigade which I still find odd. People don't get precious over cheap or expensive floggers, canes, paddles or rope choice but that's a different discussion. 

For those who have bought a darsonval wand off ebay, I'd highly recommend looking at these electrodes, I shall certainly be getting more! 

• 1 month later...
Posted

I was just talking to a long time and trusted friend last night who said, "there's AC currents running from the wall through the tool and to your body.  You don't wanna go cheap."

I'm not personally saying that there aren't good low cost models out there but as a heavy bottom I respect his opinion. 

I'm hoping to pick up one for less than retail at DomCon next week.

Posted
On 5/2/2019 at 1:05 AM, MotsMunches said:

I was just talking to a long time and trusted friend last night who said, "there's AC currents running from the wall through the tool and to your body.  You don't wanna go cheap."

I'm not personally saying that there aren't good low cost models out there but as a heavy bottom I respect his opinion. 

I'm hoping to pick up one for less than retail at DomCon next week.

The trouble is Mots, price point is no indicator of quality with Solid states, many of the Solid State wands you pick up from Kink vendors are identical to SS wands you can pick up on the auction site or Aliexpress and I mean identical. On top of that, they are widely used by many and I have yet to hear a scare story. 

Sure If I could justify the outlay of buying a mechanical vintage from Nick and Morphia, I most certainly would. 

Posted
23 hours ago, Method said:

The trouble is Mots, price point is no indicator of quality with Solid states, many of the Solid State wands you pick up from Kink vendors are identical to SS wands you can pick up on the auction site or Aliexpress and I mean identical. On top of that, they are widely used by many and I have yet to hear a scare story. 

Sure If I could justify the outlay of buying a mechanical vintage from Nick and Morphia, I most certainly would. 

Appreciate the input.  I'm glad you responded because I was talking to another friend last night who gave me another tip: "do NOT wear jeans when using a violet wand".

Posted
7 minutes ago, MotsMunches said:

Appreciate the input.  I'm glad you responded because I was talking to another friend last night who gave me another tip: "do NOT wear jeans when using a violet wand".

Why? 

Posted
Just now, Method said:

Why? 

chance of backfiring and zapping yourself in an uncomfortable area.  I'll try to verify with another source but I'm inclined to take his word for it.

Posted
13 minutes ago, MotsMunches said:

chance of backfiring and zapping yourself in an uncomfortable area.  I'll try to verify with another source but I'm inclined to take his word for it.

Without trying to sound condescending, why don't you try for yourself? 

Like I say I don't own a powerful mechanical set up, the solid state wands can be used at full power with the glass electrodes honestly quite confortably, not so much with the other electrodes I have. I've given myself sick with those and it can be alarming but funny at times.

The chances of doing yourself any permanent damage are pretty minimal though. 

Mechanical set ups can be used to brand with so more care needs to be taken, but really, this is Bdsm and there are inherant risks involved with most play. Many risks are mitigated with knowledge, experience and a good dose of common sense. 

Posted

I found a resource online that stated zippers and other metal fasteners could cause a little "zap back". I'd rather not have an unexpected zap back to the weiner area if I can avoid it. ;)

That was essentially the only warning so other than that, I'm game to "shoot some juice".