Posted

Hi ,,,, new to this and not really sure where to start. 

My friend (mate) and 1 both want to explore D/S relationship we are not in a normal relationship. 

Where do we start ? I would be the sub 

Posted

I feel this is one of the most common topics.   You know, I did draft a blog post for this type of scenario but never got round to finishing it.

So.

First off - in this instance - drop the concept of 'normal relationship' as that implies D/s is abnormal.  It's a little bug bear and honestly, it will rub some people up - even if we know what you mean.

Where to start?

Well where are you right now?  You've obviously decided to explore D/s but what made you decide to do that? What attracted you both to the idea? What interested you?

I don't believe that two people decide to "try kink" with no ideas at all what they'd like to do - so - have an open and honest talk with each other about what you feel you would both like from this arrangement - both in expediencies, protocol and what type of play/kinks/fetishes might interest you.

Start with the common ground - if you're both interested in activity A - research activity A.

Of course, there will be many things which interest you which you don't even know about - but you said where to start so start with building on what you already know.

-

There are many communities as forms of advice; online - this site here is a good example - but start by reading some of the magazine articles, and forums and getting ideas from it - asking questions that are too open won't get you back the responses you want.

In "real life" there are many munches and events - munches in particular are social events - there you will meet lots of people who've been through the same or similar - their relationship might be nothing like you want yours to be, or may have elements you can learn from.

-

Once some of the basics slots together, you can then look at next steps and will probably know better the questions to ask.

Posted (edited)

Sorry if it sounded offensive normal relationship,,, I probably mean relationship of any kind ,,,, thanks for the advice 

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

I guess also - in terms of 'normal' - just of course to know that you wanting this is not 'abnormal' :)

Posted
14 hours ago, MsTee said:

Sorry if it sounded offensive normal relationship,,, I probably mean relationship of any kind ,,,, thanks for the advice 

That’s exactly what I thought you meant.  And didn’t find it offensive

Perhaps meet for a drink and discuss what it is about it that you each like and see what crossovers there are.  Then start by exploring the easy stuff and build from there. 

Posted
Do you have a specific fetish? Are you into BDSM? Do you like to give or inflict ***; both? You've already "started" by coming here, your next step is to explore and keep asking questions. Good luck!