Becoming clingy

DaddiesLittleGirl

DaddiesLittleGirl
Posted

I've played around with bdsm related stuff for years, but the last few months have been my first experience of having a full time dom. A lot of our communication isn't in person as he doesn't live too close but it's not just occasional play, it's 24/7 commitment to each other. I'm completely enjoying it but I'm finding myself becoming quite clingy. Something which is quite new to me, I've always been very independent.

Is this usual for a sub/little when in a full time dynamic? Or is it just me..? 🙈 

Posted

I think especially in distance relationships in a non-casual way it can be very easy to want as much of their time as possible which they can't always give

so, first up - it's not just you

however, this is something you may benefit from learning to deal with - you need to find ways to be happy in independence when apart

Posted
All I will say is that, as a Dominant, I enjoy clingy because it makes me feel wanted.
Posted

I'd be a bit worried if having a clingy partner sounds appealing.   Because every time they want your attention and you can't or won't give it then you're letting them down.

DaddiesLittleGirl
Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think especially in distance relationships in a non-casual way it can be very easy to want as much of their time as possible which they can't always give

so, first up - it's not just you

however, this is something you may benefit from learning to deal with - you need to find ways to be happy in independence when apart

See that's how I feel, it feels odd to me and like I shouldn't be doing it.. I do show restraints though I worry it shows through. I've spoken to him about it before and he says I'm not that clingy and when I am a bit he likes it cause it makes him feel wanted. I've heard similar from quite a few daddy doms. O think it's likely me over thinking it cause I'm used to being incredibly independent. It's almost like something about being in this kind of dynamic is making me this way. It's likely all fine and more something I need to learn to accept/deal with myself, that's it not a problem. I was just wondering if other subs, little's especially, tend to feel that way.

DaddiesLittleGirl
Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I'd be a bit worried if having a clingy partner sounds appealing.   Because every time they want your attention and you can't or won't give it then you're letting them down.

And that's something my dom feels guilty about a lot.. haha

I guess that's his thing to try get his head around cause I always tell him I don't feel like he does and that he makes me really happy. He is busy with work a lot so he feels like I don't get enough attention, bless him lol

DaddiesLittleGirl
Posted
2 hours ago, DanteReign said:

All I will say is that, as a Dominant, I enjoy clingy because it makes me feel wanted.

My daddy has told me the exact same thing, though I still worry a bit about it. Like I said to the other commentor it's likely just me over thinking it cause he's told me I'm not that bad and that it makes him feel wanted on occasions I am. I've noticed it's quite a common trait in daddy doms.

Posted

I think your set up possibly sounds a little OK :)  

I think there are things to be wary of - but - enjoy.   

I just had a relationship breakdown where I was a little too clingy - and not helped that her circumstances changed a little, so she had less time - and that made me try to do more to earn her time.... which she simply didn't have.  So, I ended up feeling I was doing more for less and that didn't end up being healthy.    I think, obviously - enjoy how you make each other feel, but always be aware in the back of mind about limitations :) 

Posted
A D/s relationship can be really intense & miles away from your real life so when you experience that connection, everything about it releases such incredible endorphins that you find yourself craving more ...a behaviour which doesn’t normally present itself in real life so then you start questioning yourself, it’s all perfectly normal so please don’t worry. ☺️
DaddiesLittleGirl
Posted
12 hours ago, BigPolly said:

A D/s relationship can be really intense & miles away from your real life so when you experience that connection, everything about it releases such incredible endorphins that you find yourself craving more ...a behaviour which doesn’t normally present itself in real life so then you start questioning yourself, it’s all perfectly normal so please don’t worry. ☺️

Thank you Polly, it's probably just me over thinking things 😂

Posted
10 hours ago, Bbw84 said:

Thank you Polly, it's probably just me over thinking things 😂

No it’s not just you, I’ve been through exactly the same. If you’re not like that in real life you almost start to not recognise yourself, it’s weird. 😊