Scam question

Aiken

Posted

Hi guys, new to the role of sub, my new possible Mistress I've only met online so far, and wants me to purchase my kit/toys from a private retailer before our first session. Is this the norm or as I suspect too good to be true 

CuteAsSin-5328
Posted
If they only want you to purchase from one specific person they are almost guaranteed after your ***, sorry
Posted
Scam. If you want to spend *** go on a site like Adultwork where you can see how long a Domme has been registered and their feedback. Spend your *** on sessions with a quality Domme who will have all her own equipment.
Posted

one thing that isn't dreadfully uncommon is those who ask for possibly a gift or a deposit up front to help prove you are serious/genuine (different people work different ways) and this is something scammers have tried to capitulate on - either as a means to run their own scam or to try to create distrust or discredit.

So, some things to watch out for.

The notion of any purchase or expenditure should not come as a surprise. (But, you shouldn't be surprised if it comes up if dealing with someone who clearly works professionally)

If there is a direction to a wishlist - then look at how reputable the site is - something like Amazon, Lovehoney, etc. a bit more trustworthy then some site knocked up as a front.  In a lot of cases these toys don't exist.

(Equally, not a scam - but if someone points you to DeliveryCode then good luck them getting the item!)

If someone does not appear to be a professional and seems eager that your first meeting will be to play - then, someone being too keen can be a flag if you can't otherwise verify they are who they say.

Posted
I can't say for sure BUT I have been scammed in this exact fashion so you should at least watch out.
Critter-7564
Posted
If she needs u to specificities buy from one site and there’s no room for u to buy elsewhere I’d be wary But if she’s flexible she’s worth keeping Explain that u feel it’s a scam and see her reactions A good Domme or person really will talk about ur worries and find a way to help eliminate them
Posted
Try to look up the retailer on line see if they have a website... check the feedback and reviews from customers to see if they deliver what is being purchased and if any refunds or none deliveries of orders have happened.... if you do go ahead try to use PayPal for payment as u are more likely to get *** back if is a scam
Posted
I literally live by "if it seems too good to be true it probably is". The very fact you've asked the question and alarm bells have rang suggests you should trust your own instincts and ask of others less. That's not a slight either just a tool to being wiser, selective and more confident.
Posted

Big time scam, run do not walk as far in the other direction as you possibly can

Posted
No real mistress is gonna make you fork over *** BEFORE the first meeting. This is a scam 100%
Posted

This is the same scam that got me. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:47 PM, Masterscorpio said:

Big time scam, run do not walk as far in the other direction as you possibly can

Take his advice.