Over 50s?

su****

Posted

This morning finds me in something of a philosophical headspace. I've been off the scene for a while, both online and in the meatworld, and things appear to have been changed - as is ever the case, I suppose.

I found myself brooding earlier about the over 50s environment. In my day, all there was, once you'd hit the half century point, was Radio 2 and white-haired former TV stars advertising insurance against funeral costs. Whereas now, there's Radio 2 (and Radio 6 for the aging cool kids) as well as gym adverts targeted at the 'pre-pensioner' demographic.

I've not set foot in a club in ten years and from what I gather, the music has altered significantly and the inhabitants, like police officers, are looking younger every year.

The last munch I attended was one I'd started myself, back in the day, and I only recognised two of the people there. Also, I was the eldest present.

I can't be the only antique pervert left, can I? 

Posted

a lot may differ on region and on your personal tastes.

here, in the North-East - there are those who are a bit younger and plenty in 50s, 60s, 70s.   Some go to certain fetish events that fit their tastes, others go to others.   Munchwise, somewhere like Durham is a tad younger as it's a student town but some of the others are a bit older - so it can regional about a bit

it's funny - when I very FIRST joined the kink scene people were like "don't bother - it's just over 50s in rubber shorts" (very unfair...) but... yeah, there are those a little older about

Posted

I hit 60 this year and still going strong

Posted
Munch I attend about half are over 50. If you feel young enough, you are!
Posted
Don't let a number define what YOU are....life is a game of chance and rolling the dice is your choice....im hitting 50 this year and all I see are opportunities to grow and develop myself. If I thought for one minute that age would limit my choices I'm probably failing myself!!!! Feel fabulous empowered and alive...grab life by the horns and run with it......😁
Posted

I'm not in any way judging myself for being born too early, I'm just interested in where the other perverts my age are - and hopefully in a light-hearted manner. 

Mibby I'm just not explaining myself that well (which wouldn't be a first!)

😀

Posted

60 is just around the corner.. although the corner is still a few months away

Posted

Lost munches I have been is a mix of young and oldies... kinksters I chat to are young ones and they are happy to learn from me or even play with. 

Posted

Lost munches I have been is a mix of young and oldies... kinksters I chat to are young ones and they are happy to learn from me or even play with. 

• 1 month later...
Apollinaire
Posted

Thanks for this asking this question!  I'm in my mid 50s and have really only been getting into kink in the last few years.  I haven't attended any events in large part because I'm not experienced in the scene and am a little bit nervous that everyone at an event would be in their twenties.  So, your replies have given me something to think about...  Thank you!

Posted

I’m 52 and still can’t get enough lol 

Posted

I’m 52 and still have as much fun as in my 20s. My tastes may have changed over the years but kink never leaves your soul. 

I happily mix with folks younger than me, I get a buzz from their vibrancy & enthusiasm. Don’t rule yourself out, there’s life in the old dog yet!😈😁💙

Posted

From my perspective it seems easier if you are either in your 20s or in your 50s. Young people want experienced people or similarly aged people, an similar for those in their 50s. 

Meanwhile in my 30s I'm neither young enough nor old enough. So *shrug*, you should be fine :D

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've only been to a couple of munches (despite being active for a decades privately), so it's still early days for me on a social level, but I found the younger members much more welcoming that the handful of older ones, and being as I'm there to mix and make more local friends, welcoming and inclusive is what I'm looking for..but to answer your question, nope, plenty of us antique perverts out there 😉

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I’ve been lucky in that most of the ones I’ve been to were mixed age. I did go to one when we lived in the SF Bay Area where there were two tables—one for younguns and one for oldies. I found it a bit ridiculous but I did understand.