Is it even a fetish?

tkdguy1996

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly not sure if this belongs here but I desperately need advice. 

When I was with my ex of 3 years I learned that I had a bit of an excitement for things that involved mind control, hypnosis, master/slave etc. Didn't think much of it until recently.

Whilst watching an anime there was a plot point where one of the characters was hypnotized and they couldn't fall asleep else the hypnosis would work and destroy relationships they had built over the series. While watching this I felt super uncomfortable and not in a "this is my fetish and its not that setting" kind of way. More like "I am fundamentally terrified of this."

As time went on I began to notice that whenever hypnosis or mind control became a plot point in something I was watching, I would panic and be inconsoleable. The particular incident that prompted me to seek help was I was watching Incredibles 2 (mild spoilers i guess) and I had almost a full on breakdown. Additionally the first time I was near a hypnotist I constantly felt the need to run away or cry. None of this was sexual in nature and its only when I'm having sex or masturbating that this stuff is at all appealing to me.

I also am not sure exactly which side of the control my sexual excitement would even want to be on. While I was still with my partner I kind of flopped back and forth 

I want to know is what I'm experiencing a fetish and/or normal? How can I seperate whatever my kink is on this with normal life and such. 

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Edited by tkdguy1996
Posted

Good question, miss Sue.  And, beyond that, it could be a deep *** that he/she did, you're unsure, and it is getting to you emotionally.  

Unfortunately, way more info is needed, than a forum will probably be able to provide.  

Posted

Do you feel that it could have to do with "A loss of control" and not just hypnosis? there must be something going back that is causing it, unless it is just an irrational ***. Quite a difficult situation because there could be a number of causes. Hypnosis may not be the trigger though, it could be something else