Advice Needed!

Deejs

Posted

I have been searching around for a good place to get advice on this subject and hope I can find some here. I am a decently experienced submissive who has been in multiple D/S relationships, and my boyfriend is definitely into taking on the role of dom even though he does not have much experience due to his previous partners not being into kink. We have been together for a few months, and he is always more than willing to learn about different types of play, safety, and everything within that. While he is getting significantly more comfortable with it all- for example, instead of me asking him to use a flogger on me, he's been taking initiative. I am at a loss for what to do to help him further- he has the technical physical skills down, but I know he is trying to hone into the dominant side of his personality so we can have that dynamic, but as a sub, I really have no idea where to start to bring that part of him out, especially because all of my past partners were very experienced doms. Any advice is appreciated!!

Posted

It sounds positives in some ways

Is it worth going to events together so he can see how other couples interact.   Perhaps there's also books you could look at on assertiveness ?  There might be others can recommend other books

Posted

We appreciate it! He agreed to go to a munch with me next month, which I think will help out.

Posted

sometimes peer support is good - and in person can be a lot more valuable - easier to open up

Posted
Has he considered being trained by another Dominant? A mentor can be useful