"No", should it be removed from the English language?

Posted

Everyone is well aware of the debate over the word no.  It seems to be a word that carries its weight in gold as a bold statement needing no pronoun or predicate. Whatever those mean. We all know that certain words in the English vocabulary are dual meanings and very often taken either for granted or in a totally different light.  No is so definite of a word that it if is adjudicated against you you can be locked up for life let your consequences be on the wrong side of no and see where it gets ya. Ok I'm done happy treasure hunting lol  As far as I'm concerned a no to me is an absolute turn of, not to me personally but to him.  So if that no should have been a maybe or a yes , it's a wrap that no meant your loss not mine Rock on!

Posted

there's a debate over the word 'no' ?

I think regardless - there's always got to be a line between what you are happy, able, etc. to do and what you're not.  Between what you want to do and what you don't.

A friend saying "do you want a beer after work?" there doesn't have to be an explanation or justification beyond "no" even though they are your friend : nobody owes an explanation for their refusal. 

Posted

Philosophically speaking we can debate if no really means no. However, it is always the choice of the person saying it to do so, and that should be respected. 

If there is an element of trust, no may still be followed by dialogue that can leave anywhere - but again that is the choice of the person who makes it.

We never know the impact of our choices but it is not for others to tell us if our choice is right or wrong. Only we can know that, and sometimes the impact of choice takes time to materialise, but we still learn and move on. Hopefully.

Posted
I think this is a debait that souly relies on your Dynamic. For example a Master/slave might throw the concept entirely out the window for their dynamic, but a Owner/pet in the scene agree to keeping a safe word for the safety of their safety and perhaps even sanity as both people in the dynamic are able to stop play. a CNC sceene may relly heavily on the begging and pleeding, i know i like to hear the moans and groans of the mix of plesure and *** but thats just me, however i always have had a safeword simply for safety sake
Posted

....or for the long winded the answer is..............................