Bastinado tips - how to strike?

Vinile

Posted

Hi all, 

I've always been a big fan of foot ***, but I am now finding some difficulties in implementing it safely, especially when using the cane. 

Should I only aim in the area between the heel and the ball of the feet? 

Won't that put too much pressure on the arch?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks 

MistressMettle
Posted
Bastinado can be great fun but you do need to be mindful of safety. If you think of the bottom of the foot in 4 sections. The toes, the ball, the instep and the heel. The toes shouldn't be hit at all. They're too prone to breakage. The ball of the foot can be hit but only lightly with a flexible cane. There is little tissue between the bones and skin so hitting hard or with inflexible implements could cause a fracture. The instep is a very sensitive spot on most people's feet. It is a good spot to cane with a flexible bamboo cane. Even very light strokes here will pack a punch. Your main concern here is not causing swelling or damaging the tendons in this part of the foot. Moving the position of the cane slightly with each stroke will help avoid bruising or swelling that might impede mobility. Finally the heel. The heel feels similar to the ball when hit and while the heel can be prone to damage most people's heels have more tissue than the ball. The same rules apply but you can probably afford to be a little less cautious. The most important thing to remember with feet is less is more. This was a *** method for a reason - maximum *** for minimum effort. You don't need to use much *** to cause your sub a substantial amount of ***. Start out very light and increase slowly. A nice way to safely develop bastinado is using different sensations. Ice, pin wheels, wax and needles can all be used on the feet to great effect. The feet are an area where you want to be focussing on sensation not ***.
Posted

Thanks!

This is very helpful.

First of all, I'm afraid I might have the wrong cane. My is synthetic, fairly heavy and not so flexible, compared to a junior bamboo cane, for example. I might need to get something more appropriate. 

When hitting the instep, would you keep the implement flat, or angled so that it hits the inside of the arch?

I like the idea of playing with sensations. Good tip!

MistressMettle
Posted

You can use the cane you have but you'll have to be extra careful you're not hitting too hard. Ideally you want a flexible whippy cane because you're aiming to create stinging *** on the skin rather than a thuddy hard impact *** as you might on the buttocks. 

You can hit the instep but be mindful of how sensitive it is on the soft inner arch. The skin is generally much thinner and softer here.