Anyone been to a bdsm club... Alone?

BrownEyes13

BrownEyes13
Posted

So, long story short, I'm considering going to a few munches and then joining a dungeon/club. I am female, and may be going alone (if no one goes with me). Any words of wisdom? Should I? Should I not? What should I expect on the first night? Has anyone else done this or go regular by themselves?

Posted

I have been to clubs alone but come with the advantage of being male - and - that, well, when I started going to local fetish events there were people I knew from, say, the Goth scene - and I did recently find myself at-a-loose-end in London and saw there was a night on nearby where the only person I knew was the organiser - but still, I feel as a single guy I could go in and just let things glide, I think a single lady in a similar position would probably have been approached for play more than once.

my recommendation - if you go to munches on your own, you'll meet people you're likely to bump into at fetish events - so when you do go to those, even if you arrive alone there'll be others you already know there.

munches what to expect, their social - designed as a way to talk openly, make friends, so on.   Munches can vary in many ways in terms of attendees, numbers, etc. but if in doubt speak to the host.  It's worth being aware in the back of your mind there may be some see you as "fresh meat" or wish to exploit naivety - so just remember, "no" is always an answer or, simply "I'm just looking for friends, for now..."

Posted
I'm in a similar position. I wanna go to one, never been to one before and might have to go alone. Any tips?
MistressMettle
Posted
It depends entirely on the club you're going to but all the clubs I've been to have been especially caring towards new members. If you're a lone female tell the organised that before you go and in my experience they'll keep an eye out for you if you're nervous.
Posted

I've been alone, it's a slightly strange feeling, but for the most part I had fun, sometimes its easier to meet people or get into VIP or play areas on your own, two straight guys is definitely a harder sell than one, or a couple. Ultimately, I prefer going as a group.

RosesHaveThorns75
Posted

Its been years ago But I always went to Spank club in Bristol on my own and I found it fine.....I found some peeps to chat to Or just watched......