Fashion for events..

Mz****

Posted

To give a little background, I've been a Domme for almost 30 years, back then events were more 'underground' and harder to find.. clothing was pretty irrelevant, black was the only real requirement, but, after a serious work accident I really piled weight on, and still haven't been able to lose it all again, it's never been that much of an issue on a personal level, there's people out there attracted to larger people, but as a not very girly, single, plus sized older/middle aged woman, looking to get back to attending events, after a 20 year break, (events not the lifestyle) I find I'm really struggling to find clothing that's suitable for an event, and doesn't make me feel self conscious, or like an overstuffed sausage, bespoke is out, I don't have hundreds of pounds to spend on clothing.

I know different events have different criteria, but if anyone has any advice on what's considered appropriate generally I'd be grateful.

Posted

as you say different places do have different rules - but while the bigger parties are very "dress to impress" most of the others are fairly relaxed providing everyone is at least smart.

(I say this, I've been to places with a "smart black minimum" and felt some of the guys weren't very smart and had trousers closer to grey - but, hey ho)

a friend of mine who is plus size, she picked up this wonderful dress, I think it was from ASDA, which had like rope designs on, so it felt topical.   But, I think for most events you'd be fine with something plain and smart.   

Posted

@eyemblacksheep Sigh..I figured as much, black funeral attire, ah well, thanks anyway, dress to impress is so subjective I hate when I see that posted under an event always means I can't go lol.

Posted
I've only attended swinger events where you are usually naked but some people wear pvc stuff, short skirts, shorts etc. Wear what makes you feel comfortable about yourself Hun. Black skirt, white shirt, smart but can also give off a sexy vibe too.
Posted
6 minutes ago, PunkAndProudUK said:

I've only attended swinger events where you are usually naked but some people wear pvc stuff, short skirts, shorts etc. Wear what makes you feel comfortable about yourself Hun. Black skirt, white shirt, smart but can also give off a sexy vibe too.

Thank you, that's two options I have now, funeral wear or office wear..it's a start 😊

Posted

Exactly. Men are suckers for naughty teacher/ secretary outfits lol,  Put some glasses on, carry a cane etc, bingo. Lol x

Posted
Hi i find it more exciting for a Dom to wear just normal every day clothes especially if she is older i get sick of black and leather clad women give me a normal looking big cruel smoking woman any day but that's just my opinion x
Posted
3 hours ago, Momsashtray said:

Hi i find it more exciting for a Dom to wear just normal every day clothes especially if she is older i get sick of black and leather clad women give me a normal looking big cruel smoking woman any day but that's just my opinion x

Thanks for your input, but I was specifically asking about ideas for events, not the every day, something to make me feel special rather than my ordinary self.

Posted

Okay sorry never been to an event but I'm sure you will look amazing in anything you wear 

Posted
2 hours ago, Momsashtray said:

Okay sorry never been to an event but I'm sure you will look amazing in anything you wear 

There's absolutely no need to apologise..and thank you 🙂

Posted

Just a normal reaction it's been burned into me to apologize to a  Dominant woman for something i must have said or done  LoL

• 2 months later...
Posted

Maybe some of your sexy shoes as in pics, black stockings with suspenders and a skirt that's a little too tight with the lingerie showing thru as bumps, complimented with a top of your choice but risque would be nice, that would be hot and hopefully you would feel good. 

• 4 years later...
Posted

I'm a self confessed real life dress up doll! No not the type who's just into rubber and dollification I mean a real life living Cindy or Barbie doll. Dress up is an integral part of kink for me and I always have several outfit changes for my daddy when we're in play together and lots of different outfits for photos when we're not. There are no rules as to what a person can find kinky or erotic when it comes to clothing there are just some generalizations and things which a lot of people tend to focus on. Clothing is for the wearer and for the objectifier both but ultimately if you don't feel comfortable in wearing something and you don't feel confident in how you look then don't wear it simple!!!