Instagram Rules, Kink and Fetish.com

le****

Posted

Some of you may have been wondering why we've been promoting our instagram account all over Fetish.com recently, so I wanted to offer you, our users, a reason why we're doing this. After gaining almost 4k followers in less than four months, we were shut down by Instagram, without a clear reason.  

Like so many other kinksters who have experienced account closures with no reason given, the sudden closure of our Instagram account came as a bit of a blow to us, especially given that we're here to demystify kinks and fetishes, and help bring the BDSM and fetish community together.  Social media is an important portal in breaking down barriers, as is also respecting the rules of each platform.  

While Instagram claims to be inclusive, it doesn't seem to be the case, which is why we’re asking you to help us make our vision of demystifying kinks and alternative lifestyles come true. Let’s stand up together to tell the world that there’s nothing wrong about #SSC Kink & BDSM.

Instagram Call to Action

Hell, even the team here behind the scenes have committed to showing our kinky selves on insta posts!

If you want to do the same and want to be featured on our account, follow us on our new Insta @TheFetishCommunity, send us a direct message with your Fetish.com username and be in with a chance to win our followers’ raffle -  either an upgrade or some of our kinktastic merch.  Help us get back to the 4k followers - and remember, with great kink comes great responsibility.   :smiling_imp:

Posted
oh my... instagram is not for sexual stuff so why do you think you can put fetish stuff on it!? there are kids on there. now you got your reason
Posted
56 minutes ago, makemejerkoffyouslut said:

oh my... instagram is not for sexual stuff so why do you think you can put fetish stuff on it!? there are kids on there. now you got your reason

There's a lot of a wider story regarding Instagram.  Before you kinda jump in both barrels if you see the content that's actually being posted it's all "safe" - if it was on a TV show it wouldn't be subject to a watershed. If it was the same pictures done by celebrities it wouldn't be looked at twice.   There's a lot of hypocrisy in some of the social media regarding this.   

Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

There's a lot of a wider story regarding Instagram.  Before you kinda jump in both barrels if you see the content that's actually being posted it's all "safe" - if it was on a TV show it wouldn't be subject to a watershed. If it was the same pictures done by celebrities it wouldn't be looked at twice.   There's a lot of hypocrisy in some of the social media regarding this.   

it`s their site they make the rules. one of those rules is no sexual content for a very good reason. it`s that easy and obviously many people did report your account because otherwise instagram wouldnt close it. maybe some parents who are shocked to see this kind of content on a site like instagram. their are enough sites where you can go on if you wanna talk about kinks and fetish stuff what means there is absolutely no need to put it on instagram. btw celebrities get striked too if they put any sexual content on their. im now in the bdsm scen for a very long time but i`ve never heard something more stupid. if you guys think you doing anything good for the bdsm scene with that bullshit i can tell you you not! i came to this site today and i`ll leave it now because obviously some big idiots are running it and ill report your account on instagram from now on ever when you put it on there again. you guys should do everyone a favor and leave our scene. this is cancer for us.

Posted

While I feel a little shouting-in-the-void replying to a deleted profile.  Some views in case our friend comes back, or for whoever else is reading.

So; my views.
As someone who is extremely passionate about the fetish and kink community and lifestyle - I feel there are assorted stigmas that can make our lives more difficult than they need to be.

I think it's bizarre we live in a society where if someone came into work/college and said they'd been out clubbing over the weekend and had sex with two people this would be acceptable - but if these 2 people were in, say, a swinging club it wouldn't.  
It's bizarre that while different people might be more or less open about their sex lives than others - we, as a society, broadly don't understand fetish, kink or BDSM.

There are regularly people on this forum and others who will sign up and say "I like this thing, am I alone, am I weird, is this OK?" and feel a genuine sense of relief or euphoria when they find that, no, other people have the same

There is a lot of stigma and it's nuts we can have best selling books and films like 50 Shades - yet we can't say to our co-worker who is gushing over it "you know I'm also into the lifestyle"

"Won't anyone think of the children?" is the most bullshit argument I hear.  It's the type of loaded comment nobody is supposed to argue with.

But - I'm going to.
Why is everyone so afraid of children learning about sex? Especially sex in a consensual setting?

It hurdles growth.  It's one of the reasons we have so many problems.

Children face a society which is often heavily sexualised that there's less control over - magazine covers, advertisements, even assorted pre-watershed TV programmes.  
There's also so much more horrors of the world we don't "think of them" whether it's the consequences of war, or doing change to stop the planet boiling to death through global warming.

So, I fucking hate that argument.
Also, in the case of Instagram, Instagram has a TOU where users must be aged 13+
If users under that age are on the site this is down to poor parental supervision (why have you given a child a smart phone with an application loaded onto they shouldn't have) so we're not really talking about younger children having access to hypersexual content 

Granted. I appreciate and respect that some sexual content should only be accessed 18+ 
The content on the the aforementioned instagram is all within the guidelines for content permitted for their 13+ platform.  Go and have a look before you get offended.

I also get the kind of "it's their platform" to a degree - but it's another shut down of our freedoms.  It's also largely hypocritical.

Unfortunately, as I'm dealing with a deleted profile they won't be able to answer.
But... can you name me a celebrity who was thrown off Instagram for sexual content ?  I'll answer for you; you can't, because there isn't one.

There's obviously a potential photos were removed that overstepped a line, sure, but that's not the same as being removed without appeal which is a problem many within the fetish and kink lifestyle are facing.
People who haven't actually broken the guidelines or been told why actually they have

And removing people without any reason why is a bit of a dangerous precedent. 

Posted (edited)

Oh i actually asked on the instagram how to get a hold of some of the merch, definitely heading back there now to try and win some. :)

After edit: i don't seem to be able to DM or even upload pics, erm help?

Edited by 3SumQueen
Posted
On 6/30/2019 at 12:05 AM, 3SumQueen said:

Oh i actually asked on the instagram how to get a hold of some of the merch, definitely heading back there now to try and win some. :)

After edit: i don't seem to be able to DM or even upload pics, erm help?

I can't even come up with a bio, what does one write in such a small space to define who you are?!

Posted
2 hours ago, MzJax said:

I can't even come up with a bio, what does one write in such a small space to define who you are?!

Don't think i have a bio either.

Posted

mine is just the emoji for "no under 18s"

switch guy. North East England

All of these photos I'm in, took, or have permission to share

#fetish #bdsm #nsfw

then my website/blog

Posted
12 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

mine is just the emoji for "no under 18s"

switch guy. North East England

All of these photos I'm in, took, or have permission to share

#fetish #bdsm #nsfw

then my website/blog

If I steal any of that, take it as a compliment 💋

Posted
6 minutes ago, MzJax said:

If I steal any of that, take it as a compliment 💋

feel free ;) and do seek me out if you've not already - slightly different user name but easy to find

Posted
1 minute ago, eyemblacksheep said:

feel free ;) and do seek me out if you've not already - slightly different user name but easy to find

I haven't really explored Instagram yet, only joined to support this, felt I needed a bio first and hit that what do I put wall, but I'll definitely hunt you down 😋