Wearing the wrong glasses

Posted

If your world is covered in shit and all you see, hear or smell is shit then you will perseve the world as being shit. You are wearing your shit glasses and so you will see shit in every action and response. You are self projecting shit emotions.
So let's change the glasses to..... I don't know... Let's say paisley glasses. Well then you will see the world as being paisley everywhere that being said you will self project you 'paisley' emotions to any given situation.
So the trick is to view a situation wearing as many different glasses as possible so you can filter various emotions and come out with a balanced and reasoned response. Or at the very least be aware that you may be wearing a different pair of glasses to someone else and so will see things differently.

Posted

there's a quote I often use - the problem with rose tinted glasses is that red flags just look like flags.

it's always important to look at things subjectively. 

Posted
I’m with ya Bert It’s all about perspective and understanding The saying “you make your own luck”is actually more true than people think Positive thoughts and views breed positive outcomes (That’s what I’m taking from your post I hope my understanding is correct)
Posted
35 minutes ago, E-dUbBs said:

The saying “you make your own luck”is actually more true than people think Positive thoughts and views breed positive outcomes (That’s what I’m taking from your post I hope my understanding is correct)

I agree, luck is the residue of hard work 😎

Carnelian2
Posted

Everything at every moment happens for a reason, so we can choose to see the positive in that and try to learn from it, or the opposite. I find that once I see the learning, I move on. Otherwise, the same keeps happening again and again.

So, yes, I agree, the perspective or glasses you look at things with is very important

Posted
"Perception plus ritual equals reality" is a line that sticks with me to this day. Seems fitting for this comment.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Excellent thoughts, views and perceptions and do you know what? I see light at the end of the tunnel, Oh no! backtract quickly, the light is one of an oncoming train!!!!!!

Posted

Oh and when I started out working, 1984, 35yr ago I had absolutely nothing, all these years down the line and I still have nearly all of it left!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

My eye sight is very good for 51, I only wear reading glasses for smallish print or fine work, was in garage other week and put glasses on for a delicate job, suddenly I couldn't focus at all, could see better without them, off and back on, same thing  so I removed to clean then discovering 1 lense was missing from frame, funny but didn't half distort the vision glasses with only 1 lense