confused

Posted

I'm worried a little about going way off topic.  But... when I first joined the site I kinda went through the personal ads and pulled out a couple that were local and sent them messages - I got no response but I understand there could have been many reasons (1) they took a look at my profile and just decided "not for me" (2) they thought "ugh, another thirsty newbie - I've had HOW MANY this week?" (3) they spoke to each other and decided they'd both had a message (cos, like, people talk) and so that was a bit off-putting

these are things to consider.   

And, you know what.  I obviously accepted this - and at least one of those people I've spoke to since and this remained something that by not-being-a-dick it didn't poison waters.

Posted (edited)

It's a shame people feel they can bully people online but probably wouldn't say boo outside of the internet world.I've heard of a saying that states that war makes bad people worse and good people better.Sorry MZ Jakz is subject to nastiness and for what it's worth,im with you on this one.My reply to online bullies is to tell them to f-off and block them,is is sadly the only tool in our armoury.Use it lots on those internet"warriors".

Edited by Ian-7253
Posted

Personally I reply to most, if not all, of my messages even if it's the automated no thanks message.

Sometimes a direct, honest approach works, particularly if it relates to something I've posted somewhere.

Most on here are great tbh, the odd few that aren't are ignored easily enough.

Be friendly, respectful and appreciate there could be many reasons why you don't get a reply.

Posted

Oops..

Thought this was the ice breaker message thread. Still applies though I guess

Posted

And i thought i was replying to a post by MsJaz regarding her being bullied online.Definitely a case of crossed wires/replying to wrong post.oops.