Gender reassignment surgery + life stress + ***

JJBeatEmUpxoxo

JJBeatEmUpxoxo
Posted

Hi guys, 

Just looking for a little bit of reassurance about things I can do to help maintain the stress and anxiety in day to day living. I'm a Transgender female and will be having gender reassignment surgery in April next year which unfortunately is not covered under the public health system in Australia but Medicare does cover a small percentage of the cost and I have private health insurance which will cover some also. The total cost of the surgery is $25,000 AUD plus another $1000 or so for me to stay in a motel for 2 weeks after being discharged from the hospital. I will be receiving surgery in a different state as Queensland does not have a qualified surgeon to perform a Vaginoplasty and the surgeon needs me to remain in Melbourne for an additional 2 weeks for a checkup and in case any issues arise infections, tears, illness etc... as you can imagine for me having to exchange such a large amount of *** in one transaction is daunting and anxiety inducing I have savings from when I was 16 years old and have had employment ever since I'm 25 now. About $18,000 AUD in savings so I'm about $7000 AUD short but I'm doing my best to obtain that amount I've sold some possessions I no longer use, cut down on take away food, cook more at home and picked up more shifts at my job. But it's very hard to save when there is constant living expenses that need to met. Groceries, Medications, Internet, Mobile Phone, Rent, Electricity, Fuel for my car etc... So yeah I think I've aged a couple of years from the stress and panic attacks thinking about ***.

Posted

Really sorry to hear about the stress this is causing.

There's assorted books on anxiety may help - worth a couple of googles to see if one reasons with you, especially if it's one about dealing with financial anxiety.  The books I had only really skirt upon it 

Ultimately, although things are difficult now.  Following the surgery you should be happier in your body. In years from now you'll be happier for having had the surgery earlier than put it back

Posted
I’ve dealt with anxiety for many years. Been on medication and in and out of therapy. My last therapist was the best He told me anxiety is about the control and not knowing what can happen. He advised for me to focus on the things that I progress on. I know this surgery is so important to you and something you want more than anything. But we cannot control life expenses! You are doing a wonderful job in what you are achieving! Set little goals for each paycheck. And be proud if you meet it. Be proud if you come close. It’s okay if you don’t meet that goal. The biggest tip he gave me for failing to meet my (usually high-set) goals was to accept that I didn’t meet it this time. Wallow in my feelings ( for a period: a few hours, a day), but let it go. Do not beat yourself up until the next paycheck. After practicing this, I have learned to let so much go and try harder next time. My anxiety has been at it’s lowest for an entire year. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best!! Good luck!!