Ideas for an undercover playroom?

Keyzersoze

Posted

Does anyone have any ideas for creating your own 'undercover' playroom? I mean, so vanilla people wouldn't have a clue what it was until you told them. Has anyone created a playroom in their house? What was your experience? 

Posted

Undercover is difficult to do, but if your partner is into sensory stimulation (blindfolds) then you can expand on this with darkroom. I like to use thermal camera (yes, I'm a geek) as it is lovely to see how the colours change with the partner's mood and emotions. Also you can add a small strobe, sometime letting your partner see you move is flashes. But you really have to have trust and make sure that your partner is healthy.

The advantage is that you can then use day to day furniture and simply have black out curtains; again you need trust and you need a healthy partner both mentally and physically.

There are simpler options such as modifying furniture for tying up your partner, example would be a good dinner table and adding fittings and fixtures, this allows a simple table cloth to hide anything that may be visible. 

Overall the key is to think out side the box and make this look decorative, if it's to complicated your partner will notice and there will be no surprise. When things are simple and your partner notices you using something, their imagination works over time.

Please keep it sane, safe and consensual.

Posted

I have heard of someone who has adapted a coffee table with various fixings for bondage purposes, but no one vanilla knows, they just think they're pretty extras. And one time I visited a hotel and the hook for hanging clothes on was just the right height for gripping onto/being attached to for a whipping/beating. I don't think that was it's intended purpose though!

It gets the mind thinking. What furniture could you adapt for play but leave out in full sight without anyone else knowing? 

• 9 months later...
Posted

I have seen a cage disguised as a table and it looked like plain furniture.

Posted

Being a little, and a pretty immature young adult (I refuse to throw away old toys and books from when I was little) it's really easy for me to buy things for link purposes without people realising.

I bought a huge baby pink tent to put in my playroom, but waited for my birthday and had a 90's kid themed sleepover where I got to buy mlp pyjamas and have an excuse to get all these old cartoons on dvd 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Pick out a theme that can seem like your style but can easily convert.  Rock stage.   Boxing ring   dojo  ect

Posted

we basically have a door to a balcony we don't use in our bedroom - so we've put up extended curtain rails and hang toys from it. (pic on my profile)

The plan is to get one more rail and a long curtain, so it would cover the toys and look normal to anyone who had any reason to be in our bedroom (of which I can't imagine there being a case, but still)

we also have an ottoman in the sitting room which looks like a foot rest - yeah - it's stuffed with toys and things