Is Coming Out easier when you're Kinky?

Posted

It was recently Coming out day, and although I consider myself straight I'm curious to hear about people's coming out stories. Is it easier to come out if you're kinky? I imagine coming out to your family is the same whether you're kinky or vanilla but if you're part of the kink community is it easier to let people know about your sexuality? 

Posted

When I came out it was difficult as I had to get family and friends to understand my sexual position and preferences. I have only come out to certain people for my kinkiness, people who like the same things as I do as I like to be very kinky.

I think it doesn't matter if you're coming out as Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Kinky you will find it difficult.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

I hadn't really thought about this before. Coming out is a constant process. Every new person you meet is someone who doesn't know! I have got more confident as time goes on. I consider myself 98% gay. I started off in straight relationships and still occasionally get attracted by females. I started exploring kink much much later. And yes I think it has made coming out to people after that easier. I think it is partly as being gay is one dying taboo and now I have a side which is to some even more taboo. My sexuality seems less of an issue. I wouldn't change either of them though.😊

• 1 month later...
Posted

I will not come out to most of my family as kinky. I did come out to them as bisexual and that was extremely difficult. Kinky just isn't an option to them.

However, I tell a fuck ton of strangers and friends that I'm kinky. It's not something I'm nervous about and I'm never worried they will freak out. To most people, it's just a sex thing and it might be odd that I'm so open about it, but no one really cares in the long run