How to meet your s/o in this space?

ClevelandSub

ClevelandSub
Posted

I'm looking to live the lifestyle. Trying my damnedest to meet someone so that I can be who I am with them and grow from the experience. How in the hell do you meet anyone worthy of submitting to? Been bombarded with fake accounts, people who just want a one night stand with some ropes involved. Most recent has been a nice enough "Domme" who led me on for hours to end with demanding a tribute of *** to go forward and meet in person, since it wouldn't be worth her time otherwise. I'm trying to meet someone special and have turned up nothing over the past few years, any advice or insight on how you met your s/o? Feeling like this is all a pipe dream at the moment and losing the motivation to keep searching. 

Posted

Undoubtedly; it can be difficult to find and connect with someone.  But, it's not impossible.

My first kinda advice is to always try to mix up both online and "real life" because experiences are transferable - so you can meet people in real life with knowledge you've picked up online and discuss real life experiences online which helps show people you are interesting/active/learning 

Obviously, munches and events are likely to be off for the foreseeable so that makes that angle rather difficult - so given you can't meet anyone *anyway* use time to research and learn.

Use your profile to showcase who you are and what you're about.

But also; be realistic on expectations.  It's always good to have preferences and standards but it's boggling to turn down potentially good relationships in search of a perfect one - remember relationships can shape and change over time.    When you say "live the lifestyle" what do you think this looks like?  We had a cautionary tale on someone who was living the lifestyle and it created pressure on both people and created unhappiness as she had to be in Domme mode all the time and he was struggle to speak where he was unhappy for *** it was being seen as being a "bad sub"  it's important to kinda learn how people really do live their lives.   That's another value of being involved at community levels. 

Posted

Have a loose picture of what you think you want and keep open minded . If it doesn’t work out move on . Don’t be fixed on lifestyle as you see it . 

Posted

Going to physical munches is a good way. That's inadviseable during these "unprecedented" times, so my advice is to just chat. Be open and friendly.

• 2 months later...
redberry559
Posted (edited)

to be honest, you may just be unlucky to find a worthy partner. I found partners on the sites and we struck up a long relationship. Well, you can try again if you want. Here **** is a list of sites where people "live" who want fun. Need to try)
and yes, you need to search not only online, but also in real life. Look for all sorts of fetish parties, etc. I think that there it is quite possible to carry out

Edited by FETMOD-TF
****External link removed