Manners....another powerful Asset👍👍

Jed

Posted

They say"Manners maketh Man"....well all I can say to that is actually they go a hell of a way to open other avenues that you least expect.....what am I trying to say here🤔🤔🤔🤔 well here goes....we all have a basic grip on the mother tongue...if not I'm sure you will get there👍👍👍.but there are some beautiful words within the English language that really do open doors...and a whole host of other things up.....

I don't know about you but I like someone who say thanks😁 I like it when people smile from the inside because they feel recognised or appreciated or quite simply acknowledged in a courteous and polite way🙄

So why do I touch on this subject...what does it matter if no one's courteous polite or non judgemental....well this beautiful place we find ourselves frequenting is a diverse cauldron of emotion confusion confrontation and paths and avenues of exploration temptation....we have a fab mix of kinks....we have so many beautiful people on here and everyone has to get along...rub shoulders...share the ride....guess what it's so much easier when people aren't rude derogatory or disrespectful to other members.....yea there is going to be banter jokes and other ways to poke fun....but stop 🚫 just think for 1 second what if that's me on the other end.....!!!! We all have a heart....others share it others guard it....but the community thrives on kinship and mutual respect for one n all....

So be happy say thanks open the odd door congratulate someone be nice and you will be surprised to find people are nice back to you....❤

Jed

Posted

well said @Jed  manners and respect go a very long way, especially online B|

Posted
You’re so right, just being polite or simply acknowledging someone goes such a long way. I have a terrible habit of prompting people in my daily life if there’s a situation where manners should be used & aren’t! Manners cost nothing but neither does simply being pleasant. One of my teachers in primary school said ‘smile to at least one person every single day as you never know who might need that smile’ & ive never forgotten that. Although I am guilty on occasion of ignoring the occasional private massage if it’s ‘Hey’ or something unnecessary! However I had a lovely message this morning, saying hello & simply saying he wanted to talk to people on here connect etc or even explore with someone, it was such an unusually pleasant message that it stood out a mile! (I nearly sounded like someone’s mum then saying ‘it was really nice’ 🙄) but like you say we should be sharing the ride on here & not pushing buttons. Thanks Jed for such a great topic 😊
Posted
With respect, Jed, manners do maketh man, along with the vagaries of any language, but so does punctuation of your communication. Perhaps the politeness that you're not receiving, comes from the frustration of trying to comprehend and interpret what you're message is saying. Many people, unfortunately, will give up on writing that looks like text speak, or is sloppily constructed. Added to which, we may all have a "similar", fundamental interest by being on this site, but there are many shades of the same colour, therefore not everyone has to communicate with each other; just be civil, that's all.
Posted
@Leatherdom2020...trust me this is not about me or my punctuation....the general level of chat that centres around poor manners and etiquette is the area I am focused on....shame you failed to see that regardless of the way it's written...but hey were diverse and I respect each and every comment....be well
Posted
Presentation, clarity and convention, go a heck of a long way to enhance the politeness for which you wish. Smarten up, my man!!
Posted
20 minutes ago, Leatherdom2020 said:

Many people, unfortunately, will give up on writing that looks like text speak, or is sloppily constructed. 

I personally loathe text speak, it genuinely hurts my eyes to try and fathom out what the shortcuts mean, the way it interrupts the flow of a sentence, perhaps, as I'm older and grew up with pen and paper rather than touchscreen and instant written communications, words have more value to me maybe..whatever it just doesn't feel intuitive to me, so I always ignore any message I receive with it in, if that makes me rude so be it..I think its rude and lazy when mailing somebody to not take the time to use the proper word rather than gr8 for example..3 letters missing ..if someone's  so busy they can't write  the word  instead they dont have time to be in my life in any way shape or form that's for sure. 

@Jed I know exactly whay you mean..its not about grammar, punctuation, spelling, none of that matters to me (text speak the exception) so much as, as @BigPollysays politeness, I don't tolerate rudeness in my life, be it the one offline or online. Manners matter to me, a great deal, my own included..some see that as a weakness on my part, they are mistaken, and rarely make the same mistake twice.

I think within the chat rooms, again, it's the "insta" thing, we live in an age where everyone has access to everything at the tap of a button, and nothing has to be worked for, apparently, even respect, bugs the hell out of me..whether it's the "do me..pick me" subs, or the entitled insta D's of all genders, that seem to be everywhere..thank heavens for the ignore button 😊 

Posted

I used to be a stickler for spelling & punctuation but after being friends with someone for a couple of years, he one day told me he was dyslexic & was often picked up on the way he wrote on Fbook...this stopped me in my tracks! So where there is never a need to speak ‘wiv’ text speak I have since learnt that spelling & punctuation isn’t always a mark of politeness (or intelligence)

Posted
Glad to see that what the post initiates is a discussion on the subject of manners, but Leatherdom2020, should feel the inclination and necessity to add a post in the forum about Presentation,Clarity and Convention please do I am sure there are lots of people who would benefit from that.....to myself well whether it's text speak or not whether I'm tuning into the younger audience or not the basis for the post was to highlight the subject of Manners, and hey you've all had the decency to reply which I am truly grateful Peace to you all.
SeriouslyWhimsical
Posted
Precise language is a delight.
Posted

Firstly I'm saddened by the fact that people feel the need to publicly highlight punctuation grammar or spelling . It just highlights the point you are making Jed about poor manners respect and etiquette 

There are many reasons for people to have incorrect punctuation and spelling 

surely we should be encouraging members to write posts highlighting issues concerns or things we can explore or celebrate within the community 

With regards to manners respect and etiquette , on a whole on site my experience is its particularly non existent both on initial contact and  during conversations 

There is no excuse really 

please , thank you etc are very basic requirements this lifestyle 

Sx 

Posted

*growls a little* I think someone seriously needs to keep a civil tongue in their head, or keep their unwarranted opinions to themselves. Diverting from the OP to discuss something that's irrelevant is hardly very intellectual. As for telling mySir to "smarten up"......thats just not a smart move at all. Do not make the same mistakes a second time dear. 

Posted

If the hearts in it and the passion is for the good grammar is surely secondary, there is loads of dyslexia around and other types of difficulties,but these emotions are just as worthy in All people isn't judging a kind of prejudice,we not pick each others faults,but embrace the uniqueness and positivity of every one wether we can spell,write or not.respect

Posted
10 hours ago, leocadio said:

well said @Jed  manners and respect go a very long way, especially online B|

Thanks Leo....appreciate your kind comments

Posted
9 hours ago, BigPolly said:

You’re so right, just being polite or simply acknowledging someone goes such a long way. I have a terrible habit of prompting people in my daily life if there’s a situation where manners should be used & aren’t! Manners cost nothing but neither does simply being pleasant. One of my teachers in primary school said ‘smile to at least one person every single day as you never know who might need that smile’ & ive never forgotten that. Although I am guilty on occasion of ignoring the occasional private massage if it’s ‘Hey’ or something unnecessary! However I had a lovely message this morning, saying hello & simply saying he wanted to talk to people on here connect etc or even explore with someone, it was such an unusually pleasant message that it stood out a mile! (I nearly sounded like someone’s mum then saying ‘it was really nice’ 🙄) but like you say we should be sharing the ride on here & not pushing buttons. Thanks Jed for such a great topic 😊

Thanks Polly.....❤

Posted
43 minutes ago, saphy said:

*growls a little* I think someone seriously needs to keep a civil tongue in their head, or keep their unwarranted opinions to themselves. Diverting from the OP to discuss something that's irrelevant is hardly very intellectual. As for telling mySir to "smarten up"......thats just not a smart move at all. Do not make the same mistakes a second time dear. 

My girl.....as always the ying to my yang....were here to support each other ❤❤❤❤

Posted
55 minutes ago, sammyb45 said:

Firstly I'm saddened by the fact that people feel the need to publicly highlight punctuation grammar or spelling . It just highlights the point you are making Jed about poor manners respect and etiquette 

There are many reasons for people to have incorrect punctuation and spelling 

surely we should be encouraging members to write posts highlighting issues concerns or things we can explore or celebrate within the community 

With regards to manners respect and etiquette , on a whole on site my experience is its particularly non existent both on initial contact and  during conversations 

There is no excuse really 

please , thank you etc are very basic requirements this lifestyle 

Sx 

Thanks Sammy....😙

Posted
9 hours ago, Fairylight said:

Love this, well said as always 😊

Thanks Fairy 😙

Posted
1 hour ago, saphy said:

a) I don't profess intellect..b) the first part of my reply was a direct response to Leatherdom2020 hence my quoting what he said, and responding to it, thats what should surely happen in these posts, parts of responses are picked up on and conversation evolves, I was most certainly not attempting to detract from the OP and just because you dont see the relevance doesn't mean I, or anybody else can't.. c) the third part of my response was to agree with Jed and BigPolly, that manners and politeness are all that's needed, grammar and punctuation etc is irrelevant to the context of what's said..Jeds post didn't contain text speak so why your taking it as an attack I don't know..and given the post about subdrop having countless irrelevant posts proclaiming love for friends which had  nothing to do with the subject matter and d) and most importantly, isn't growling at and threatening other members because you don't like their response rather ill mannered, as is calling a Dom dear..both rather hypocritical given the theme of the post in the first place..

Posted

MsJax....my issue wasn't with your post. x

Posted

And secondary, it would have been hypocritical of me had it been my post in the first place. 

Posted
Love this Jed. Well said as always 😁
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MsJax said:

c) the third part of my response was to agree with Jed and BigPolly, that manners and politeness are all that's needed, grammar and punctuation etc is irrelevant to the context of what's said..Jeds post didn't contain text speak so why your taking it as an attack I don't know.

I'm a little confused here, so for clarity's sake....the statement you've made above I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with. Issues with grammer and punctuation within mySirs comment were indeed irrelevant to the OP and the OP should never have been detracted from to highlight such. That was my issue...furthermore on this note, You, MsJax were not the one who did so. 

3 hours ago, MsJax said:

and given the post about subdrop having countless irrelevant posts proclaiming love for friends which had  nothing to do with the subject matter

This was a completely different forum topic all together, and the last I checked what I said within that space was completely relevant given the information that was, quite simply, commendably shared. I was merely being supportive and showing consideration to those who divulged information personal to their own experiences, afterall, thats what a community does essentially, support each another. 

3 hours ago, MsJax said:

and most importantly, isn't growling at and threatening other members because you don't like their response rather ill mannered, as is calling a Dom dear..both rather hypocritical given the theme of the post in the first place..

And last, but by no means least. LeatherDom2020 was condescending toward mySir. I would draw attention to my profile at this point where it clearly states in black and white, and always has done, that ANY attack on me or what I hold dear will be met with the harsh side of my tongue. I won't apologise for doing so.

I will and always have, shown respect where respect is due. I'm submissive to One, mySir.....just because someone is Dominant doesn't mean that if they pull a dickish move, that I can't and won't put them right for it. Be assured, I will. 

So in retrospect, I hope this clears up any misunderstanding and/or confusion and highlights the need for civility. 

Be safe and well. 

Edited by saphy
Posted (edited)

I always say please and thank you, smile to at least 3 people a day plus hold doors open for people male or female, young and old. When I was younger I was told "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" and most days I keep to that saying although I'm not an angel I do have off/bad days. I'm glad someone brought the subject up to remind me to be more cautious of my words and actions. To go on subject of txt speak it annoys me but if someone genuinely has dyslexia ( like me) then I can put up with it and accept that. ( meant that in nicest way). Hope you all have a nice day 😊

Edited by Deleted Member
Missed out word