New Domme, Any Advice?

ARabidBunny

ARabidBunny
Posted

Hello, 

I’m new to being a Domme and am meeting my sub soon for our first scene. I’m very excited but also want to learn as much as I can first. 

My question is this, if you could go back to your first time, what advice would you give yourself? 

I’d also love to hear about tasks you set for your sub for the time in between seeing each other. 

Thanks, 

Bunny

Posted

particularly if it's a first time there's no harm in having as much mentally planned as possible - so you know what you're doing, what you need, so on

of course, don't be afraid to change things if something isn't working - or something IS working.   But a plan also avoids "what do we do now" moments

depending on how long you are playing - do factor in breaks and make sure there are snacks

ARabidBunny
Posted

Thank you for your reply @eyemblacksheep! I’m learning all I possibly can before we get started, lucky for me I like research. I hadn’t thought about snacks, thank you for that advice! 

Posted
A good schedule, keep hydrated, snacks, and don't forget the aftercare
Posted
Don’t try too much just yet. Ease in to it. And I know this somewhat sounds contradicting, but this is mainly what I had to learn when I was extremely new at it. It’s okay to give control to the sub at times. They know what they can handle and your goal is mutual pleasure. Being a Dom/me is a role of responsibility. But don’t take that as a need to try and over achieve.
I hope that made some sense?
ARabidBunny
Posted

Thank you @EddyRay! I will definitely ease into things and be sure to check with my sub about what he can take. 

Posted
Don't be afraid to take your time. It will help you stay calm, composed and in control while building anticipation in your sub.
There mind will probably be racing away so taking things slow should also help to ground them and focus them on the current moment.
ARabidBunny
Posted

Thank you for the reply @BadDesires! I’m relieved to know that taking my time will actually be a good thing. 

MissJacqui
Posted

Discuss on your expectations and respect his/her limitations. Like others say take it slowly and enjoy!