Not a Fan of Only Fans

MakerPretty

Posted
Only Fans has left a bad taste in my mouth. I want to make sure you know how they operate, in case you support anyone there, or are thinking of starting your own page.

A potential submissive, suggested I start a page there and curious myself, I checked it out.

At first, the platform seemed okay, if not run a bit by bots and fake people. But it wasn't easy to navigate past the only fans accounts who paid to be promoted, or were completely run by Only Fans themselves. Really not easy.
Then someone gave me my first tip.
That ***, wasn't mine.
In truth, it wouldn't even be "available" in my account for seven days, and if I actually wanted to take the ***, you need to have at least twenty dollars in your account to do so. And of course, there are the charges taken out for the transaction and the seven day wait to get in your bank account.
My balances are still "pending."
So, people are paying Only Fans, not me.

Then, it got worse. Big brother weird.
When I tried to respond to messages from people, it wouldn't allow certain messages or information to be shared. It wouldn't send some, and deleted others completely.
Basic stuff, like the mention of specific kinks, or other platforms where we might talk.

I've had to start writing in code to work around the message reading system on Only Fans, in order to even try to talk to a potential submissive about what kind of things they are into exploring. Nevermind how to discuss a proper dynamic or how we might continue off the site more long term.
You should know, if you talk to people there, Only Fans reads, curates and controls all of it.
You should know:
If you tip someone there, if you talk to someone there, if you support someone who shares content there. You are paying Only Fans first and possibly, only.
Only Fans is in control.
As a dominant, (and for many other reasons) this is not okay with me.

Proceed with caution. Make sure you are supporting the people who work to celebrate and satisfy your kinks, who respect your privacy and the *** you generously give.
Posted

I'm not particularly big on OnlyFans but there's some things there I know why they have to do.

So things like the minimum payout, they have to do, because of the high cost for adult sites to use banking.

Some other sites have minimums of $100, $150, more.

It's also a little designed to deter those only really interested in pocket *** since they are more work for the site than they make *** for the site.

Part of the reasons payments are pending because you have issues like when Bella Thorne places a paywalled picture and behind the paywall was not what was advertised.  There is also a problem that OF is very strict on the content they allow so if someone buys a video/photo from you and it's contents are against the TOS, then the buyer needs a refund since they will have access to it revoked.

The banned words are tied in with a lot of the content they can permit - but - it's thanks to SESTA/FOSTA why you cannot discussing anything related to meeting : this site has to follow similar laws which is why for example US sex workers cannot use the site at all, and folk in the US cannot see the Dominatrix accounts in Europe (which is mostly Germany, very few UK based Dominatrix accounts)
there are assorted other laws going through in various countries which are going to make some of the online experiences worse, rather than better, when it comes to anything adult related.

Posted
I used it for a couple of months as well an didn't like it too much... I'll probably start again but definitely on another site 😬
Glasgowdom1991
Posted
OF is not kink friendly and give it it's due it's very upfront about it kink is more found on fansly and I have seen one called dark fans which seems based solely on kink but I haven't used it to know how safe it is
Posted
Yes, yes, yes! I don’t go there, and never will!
Posted
OF is like a disease on FetL. So many profiles that invade every groups to plug their page.
Posted
9 hours ago, Glasgowdom1991 said:

OF is not kink friendly and give it it's due it's very upfront about it kink is more found on fansly and I have seen one called dark fans which seems based solely on kink but I haven't used it to know how safe it is

yep - you know initially "adult" was against the TOS of OF, they just turned a blind eye to it - and that's how they got a good deal on payments.   That did end up losing them their payment processor so since then they've been trying to get a balance between still being able to afford to pay the 80% while also being cautious of what they permit.  Very little kinkwise is permitted.

LoyalFans and Fansly are both a little more accommodating over what they allow - Fansly has the $20 min also, LoyalFans is $50 min.  One of the problems with both of these sites is they get much less traffic than OF and are a slightly harder sell as buyers are warier as they don't know them so well.

I don't think either have word filters, but it is still against their TOUs to discuss meets, even if Fansly does turn a bit of a blind eye to it.   A benefit they both have due to less traffic is there is less spotlight on them - but the downside of that is there is more likely to come a day when the payment processors have a "nope" moment. 

Darkfans is the same company/engine as LoverFans and ScatBook and they are well under the radar at the minute - but a little fiddlier to join.  I feel it's only a matter of time before they run into problems but the low traffic is keeping them below the radar.  

I did follow someone on one of those the other week, but, the experience wasn't great as a user. From sorting the payment not being straightforward to, despite having paid to subscribe to someone, the video they had advertised was behind a $60(!) paywall.  Which, fair dos, their content their price, etc. but this is the type of user experience that puts off a lot of users.

---

pretty much every site has it's own pros and cons, but, you are not really ever properly in control of your own content unless you build your own site and even then you need to negotiate directly with the payment processors which is likely going to be $1000 annual fee ($500 for MC, $500 for VISA) and then pay around 15% on sales.    Even then still, there is some content they're happier to process than others. 

Posted
Any platform where you make *** will only let you withdraw until you earned a certain amount. Website like YouTube and Twitch do this too. Its mostly because its costs them, and you, when you withdraw ***. They also like to hold *** for a period of time to protect the customer incase of scams. I believe there is also some verification process as well, because you'll get a customer in lets say France, sending *** to Onlyfans, which is an English company, and then that *** will go out to the creator in America. So there can be a big chain of events. Hence the pending messages.
Posted
The part about meeting someone don't make sense.
Of was never a date app and was never created to arrange meeting with people, it has always been a site to sell content as a creator. Minimum withdrawal is standard too, no matter what site, YouTube, betting apps and OF so that's nothing new nore the 7 day wait for transfer
Glasgowdom1991
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jayjay1989936 said:
The part about meeting someone don't make sense.
Of was never a date app and was never created to arrange meeting with people, it has always been a site to sell content as a creator. Minimum withdrawal is standard too, no matter what site, YouTube, betting apps and OF so that's nothing new nore the 7 day wait for transfer

People where using for meet ups thou that's why they went a bit ott on the message reading

Posted
36 minutes ago, Glasgowdom1991 said:

People where using for meet ups thou that's why they went a bit ott on the message reading

any site with a private messaging system has people who can read your private messages (and will if need to) but as well as explicitly banned words on OF (including 'meet') they also will be deploying other flags which causes someone to check.

Every single thing you upload onto OF is checked, usually by AI at first and then manually checked by a human if the AI flags concern.  But, again, most sites are ultimately the same or similar

Posted
On 1/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Foxter said:

Any platform where you make *** will only let you withdraw until you earned a certain amount. Website like YouTube and Twitch do this too. Its mostly because its costs them, and you, when you withdraw ***. They also like to hold *** for a period of time to protect the customer incase of scams. I believe there is also some verification process as well, because you'll get a customer in lets say France, sending *** to Onlyfans, which is an English company, and then that *** will go out to the creator in America. So there can be a big chain of events. Hence the pending messages.

YUP... It's a BUSINESS not a CHARITY remember and nobody wants the feel hurt or sad or insulted or cry so, they CAN'T have it both ways for as special as they want to believe that they are. ALL cannot be guest in the queue as only one thing can occupy a certain space at certain time, that is what's known as science.... YES FROM SCIENTISTS. The banks internationally feel the same AS they're converting and *** and loving in a capitalistic society is what makes the world go round if I recall correctly was part the discussion last time. Oh well either way folks~Easy come easy go... right? Let them eat all eat cake! Bwaaah Haaaa! 😋