Collaring Ceremony

Firefox_

Posted
Curious to hear of other people's collaring ceremony stories or even ideas/plans/desires :)

After nearly 2 years of being together Daddy has bought me an Eternity collar. It's beautiful.
We've decided on a collaring ceremony to take place in Svalbard when we go next month (after officially two years into when we first spoke) hopefully under the beauty of the northern lights ❤️ he's my world.
Posted
1 hour ago, GeneGrey said:
What’s a collaring ceremony?

No judgement but I need to know if that is an honest question?

Posted
6 minutes ago, doubletrouble129 said:

Yes, I’m not playing. This is the first I have heard of it.

Posted
57 minutes ago, GeneGrey said:

Posted

** Caveat... I've not watched either of these specific videos but have watched/listened to enough of each to know they generally give decent information. 

Posted
1 hour ago, GeneGrey said:

Wow. Understood. IMO, a collaring ceremony is one of, if not, the best experience you can have in a dynamic no matter which side of the aisle you are on. Imagine the feeling of a couple at the alter getting married and times it by a thousand. It is a bonding ritual symbolizing a commitment between two or more people in a dynamic. What makes it more special than a wedding is it is hard finding your perfect match in our community so when you do, it's just magic, compared to a vanilla relationship where trial and error is common (marriage and divorce). Not everyone gets a collar like everyone gets a ring. A collar is special for the giver and the wearer. Again, it's hard finding your kinky match so when you do, it's very special and you will want to hold on to them. Hope this helps

Posted
Awhhh, I love this!!!
Congratulations, hunny!! 🎊 🎉
I hope it's as beautiful as es expected 🎁🎇
Can't wait to hear others' stories!
Stories like these are why I knew my DD was literally a man who just wanted the sex. 🙃🫠☹️
Posted
My apologies Firefox, Congratulations as well 🎉🎉. I was thrown by the question and forgot to congratulate.
Posted
*I actually didn't know this was a thing and just presumed it being what I've seen others do (just given or bought one like a lube) or worse, buying their own/asking for their own 🥺
legacy_rising
Posted

I think what you are referringto here is wearing a collar as an accessory for decoration or msybe as a training aid. Sometimes a Dom will give a, sub a collar to wear as a, mark of ownership but it holds no more significance than that. 

Collars for ceremonies are usually more ornate. They can be dicreet so they can be worn in the vanilla world, or as wild as the members of the dynamic chose and if course they have much greater sentimental value, though like with marriage sadly they often break. 

I hope all those who partake un such ceremonies are blessed with fulfillment 😊

Posted
13 minutes ago, legacy_rising said:

I think what you are referringto here is wearing a collar as an accessory for decoration or msybe as a training aid. Sometimes a Dom will give a, sub a collar to wear as a, mark of ownership but it holds no more significance than that. 

Collars for ceremonies are usually more ornate. They can be dicreet so they can be worn in the vanilla world, or as wild as the members of the dynamic chose and if course they have much greater sentimental value, though like with marriage sadly they often break. 

I hope all those who partake un such ceremonies are blessed with fulfillment 😊

Yeah, we knew about fashion collars and gifts. I've just never heard of ceremonial.
Sounds a lot better than buying your own, but that's the same going for a ring 💍🔥

DarkTwistedFuck
Posted
Hopefully this can help.

Collaring Ceremonies in BDSM

In the BDSM community, a collaring ceremony is a significant event that symbolizes the commitment and bond between a Dominant and a submissive. It is a deeply personal and meaningful ritual that varies widely based on the preferences and dynamics of the individuals involved. The collaring ceremony often marks the formal beginning of a D/s (Dominant/submissive) relationship, signifying ownership, protection, and devotion.

Types of Collaring Ceremonies

Formal Collaring Ceremony: This type of ceremony is akin to a wedding in its formality and significance. It may involve vows, exchange of rings or collars, and the presence of witnesses. The Dominant and submissive publicly declare their commitment to each other in front of friends or members of the BDSM community.

Private Collaring Ceremony: Some couples opt for a more intimate and private collaring ceremony. This could involve a quiet, personal exchange of vows and collars in a setting that holds special meaning for the couple.

Collaring Rituals: These ceremonies may not be as formal as the above types but are equally meaningful. They can include symbolic acts such as kneeling before the Dominant to receive the collar, reciting written commitments, or engaging in specific rituals that hold significance for the couple.

Training Collar: Before a formal collaring ceremony, some Dominants may use a training collar to signify the beginning stages of the D/s relationship. This collar is often replaced by the permanent collar during the formal ceremony.

Symbolism in Collaring Ceremonies

Collar: The collar itself is a powerful symbol in BDSM relationships. It represents ownership, protection, trust, and submission. For the submissive, wearing the collar is a visible sign of their commitment to their Dominant.

Rituals and Vows: Many collaring ceremonies involve rituals or vows that express the roles, responsibilities, and expectations within the D/s dynamic. These may be tailored to reflect the unique connection between the individuals involved.

Exchange of Tokens: In some ceremonies, there may be an exchange of tokens such as rings or bracelets alongside or in place of collars to symbolize the commitment between the Dominant and submissive.

Conclusion

Collaring ceremonies hold immense significance in BDSM relationships, serving as a tangible representation of trust, commitment, and mutual understanding between a Dominant and submissive. The type and style of ceremony are deeply personal choices that reflect the unique dynamics and preferences of each couple.

Top 3 Authoritative Reference Publications or Domain Names Used in Answering this Question:

The Loving Dominant by John Warren
Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns: The Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism by Philip Miller and Molly Devon
Submissive’s Guide to BDSM Vol. 1: 66 Tips On How To Enjoy Happy & Healthy BDSM Relationship As A Submissive by Matthew Larocco
Posted
Yesterday at 02:37 AM, doubletrouble129 said:

We all have to start somewhere. It’s good people ask questions. Not everyone automatically knows.

Posted
3 hours ago, PervyPenelope said:

We all have to start somewhere. It’s good people ask questions. Not everyone automatically knows.

Absolutely. I was just asking because we do have some trolls on here that ask questions just to start conflict.

Posted
12 hours ago, DarkTwistedFuck said:
Hopefully this can help.

Collaring Ceremonies in BDSM

In the BDSM community, a collaring ceremony is a significant event that symbolizes the commitment and bond between a Dominant and a submissive. It is a deeply personal and meaningful ritual that varies widely based on the preferences and dynamics of the individuals involved. The collaring ceremony often marks the formal beginning of a D/s (Dominant/submissive) relationship, signifying ownership, protection, and devotion.

Types of Collaring Ceremonies

Formal Collaring Ceremony: This type of ceremony is akin to a wedding in its formality and significance. It may involve vows, exchange of rings or collars, and the presence of witnesses. The Dominant and submissive publicly declare their commitment to each other in front of friends or members of the BDSM community.

Private Collaring Ceremony: Some couples opt for a more intimate and private collaring ceremony. This could involve a quiet, personal exchange of vows and collars in a setting that holds special meaning for the couple.

Collaring Rituals: These ceremonies may not be as formal as the above types but are equally meaningful. They can include symbolic acts such as kneeling before the Dominant to receive the collar, reciting written commitments, or engaging in specific rituals that hold significance for the couple.

Training Collar: Before a formal collaring ceremony, some Dominants may use a training collar to signify the beginning stages of the D/s relationship. This collar is often replaced by the permanent collar during the formal ceremony.

Symbolism in Collaring Ceremonies

Collar: The collar itself is a powerful symbol in BDSM relationships. It represents ownership, protection, trust, and submission. For the submissive, wearing the collar is a visible sign of their commitment to their Dominant.

Rituals and Vows: Many collaring ceremonies involve rituals or vows that express the roles, responsibilities, and expectations within the D/s dynamic. These may be tailored to reflect the unique connection between the individuals involved.

Exchange of Tokens: In some ceremonies, there may be an exchange of tokens such as rings or bracelets alongside or in place of collars to symbolize the commitment between the Dominant and submissive.

Conclusion

Collaring ceremonies hold immense significance in BDSM relationships, serving as a tangible representation of trust, commitment, and mutual understanding between a Dominant and submissive. The type and style of ceremony are deeply personal choices that reflect the unique dynamics and preferences of each couple.

Top 3 Authoritative Reference Publications or Domain Names Used in Answering this Question:

The Loving Dominant by John Warren
Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns: The Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism by Philip Miller and Molly Devon
Submissive’s Guide to BDSM Vol. 1: 66 Tips On How To Enjoy Happy & Healthy BDSM Relationship As A Submissive by Matthew Larocco

Thank you 😇

Posted

Thanks all for the congrats. I've only just been notified i had any replies to this thread! XD 

Yeah my Collar has been picked by us both as its to be 24/7 wear and locked on at the ceremony. Very excited indeed hehe
I have a play collar and fashion collars, but this is an expensive beautiful ornate locking collar which i never plan to have removed <3 I will share pictures of the ceremony (hoping to get some good ones! =D ) 

This is like a symbol of marriage to me, a complete devotion to our DDlg/Ds Dynamic <3   =D 

DarkTwistedFuck
Posted

There is another older ceremony. I encountered some years ago. Something about "roses" it was quite intimate. I'll have to try looking it up for you and adding it to everything here. I do lots of research and keep notes of my research so I just need to figure out where it lead me and work back from there. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, DarkTwistedFuck said:

There is another older ceremony. I encountered some years ago. Something about "roses" it was quite intimate. I'll have to try looking it up for you and adding it to everything here. I do lots of research and keep notes of my research so I just need to figure out where it lead me and work back from there. 

Ceremony of Roses. White rose for submission, red rose for dominance. Both have thorns, prick fingers to spill on the rose. Get bound together with a chain after it's been through fire. There's a whole lot more to the ceremony but I do not want to spoil all the fun 😏

Posted
Me and what was meant to be a life long submissive had our collaring ceremony in the middle of the nave of the Sagrada Basilica in Barcelona where she lives…
The collar in purple leather was made specifically for her by a friend in the community.
We managed to create a bubble of intimacy in the middle of hundreds of tourists…
It was very special. 😇😇😇