Sexual roleplay chat in the chat rooms

Posted

Many moons ago when we used to run and OP on IRC servers, Especially IC and b.com, people had the capability of creating specific rooms.  Sexual role play chat wasn't every ones cup of tea but it was for others.  Particular emphasis was on separate Gorean rooms etc while the main Lobby was for general chit chat, letting new people feel at ease and slowly get to join in with the masses.  Personally I have no problem with a sub greeting their Master/Mistress in an accepted way, but then should go to private, if they wish to scene or sexual roleplay chat.  

There was and is a downside to this, where couples/people stopped interacting with the other users and the rooms soon became loitering places.  With IRC you could set a nick as "away" to show everyone they were not paying attention to the main room.

It can be a hard one to call depending on the makeup of regular chatroom users, users expectations and needs. Roleplay chat rooms could help the situation.

Posted

Just a little update, I have contacted the site asking for their definition of sexual roleplay chat so will post as soon as I get a reply. I also asked if it would be possible for the site to provide other roleplay chat rooms specifically for those in role and who enjoy role play. 

Posted

I think it depends on what you mean by sexual roleplay chat and where those boundaries lie can differ from person to person. I have to say that people in a dynamic greeting each other in the room with their preferred titles is appropriate, however deeply sexual roleplay chat scenes make me uncomfortable as I am not really much of a voyeur and I just tend to leave. For me sexual roleplay chat and intense scenes are better off going into a separate room roleplay chat rooms or being experienced in private rather than in the main rooms.

I think you also raise an interesting point about newbies being harshly treated and I think that this is an important separate issues that needs to be addressed as its not just about role play but also coming in looking for dates etc I think we should give newbies more latitude when it comes to such things where as we actually seem to give them less. On the other hand it does get really irritating repeating the same phrases over and over again in response to newbies who I wish would just read to the chat rules!

Posted
On 10/17/2019 at 7:05 AM, Saph1968 said:

I though about this a bit further and I think the issue is actually what I’m thinking is probably allowing ‘in-role’ but not scening, and you are then straight into the issue of where does ‘in-role’ end and scening begin, and how can newbies easily see the lines. This does mean it probably has to be either non or full role play. 

I think all the responses have shown that this topic didn’t cause friction, it has generated discussion and suggestions. 

I agree and think that if there is a sexual roleplay chat room made there should be very clear guidelines as to what is appropriate. 

I am glad it has generated a discussion and there have been some really good suggestions. Hopefully I will hear something from the site soon about roleplay chat rooms.

Posted
On 10/16/2019 at 1:17 AM, MrE-1985 said:

People talking about sex on a sex site????? Absodidly out of the question!!! Its unfathumable!!!

There's always one that has to be facetious isn't there. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Tillysub said:

I think it depends on what you mean by role play and where those boundaries lie can differ from person to person. I have to say that people in a dynamic greeting each other in the room with their preferred titles is appropriate, however deeply sexual scenes make me uncomfortable as I am not really much of a voyeur and I just tend to leave. For me scenes are better off going into a separate room or being experienced in private rather than in the main rooms.

I think you also raise an interesting point about newbies being harshly treated and I think that this is an important separate issues that needs to be addressed as its not just about role play but also coming in looking for dates etc I think we should give newbies more latitude when it comes to such things where as we actually seem to give them less. On the other hand it does get really irritating repeating the same phrases over and over again in response to newbies who I wish would just read to the chat rules!

I fully agree with you in regards to newbies being treated unfairly, I've raised this many of timed myself and it tends to fall on deaf ears. X

Posted
On 10/18/2019 at 6:32 AM, Tillysub said:

I think you also raise an interesting point about newbies being harshly treated and I think that this is an important separate issues that needs to be addressed as its not just about  sexual roleplay chat but also coming in looking for dates etc I think we should give newbies more latitude when it comes to such things where as we actually seem to give them less. On the other hand it does get really irritating repeating the same phrases over and over again in response to newbies who I wish would just read to the chat rules

I did a thread on here about the exact same thing and there were some very good suggestions made but none have been implimented as yet. It does get annoying repeating the same thing, I now have a copy and paste dialog explaining what is and is not appropriate but in a friendly way. I remember being the newbie and how daunting it was so feel everyone should be given a chance. I agree though they should read the chat rules but not many do.

Posted

I know I can get a bit passive aggressive with my responses towards the end of an evening, but always try and make sure I make it clear that they are welcome to stay and chat (possibly should also mention lurking as an option). 

I have to say the worst instance was a newbie came in and said hello to everyone and then sat back, at which point and old hand asked ‘What are you into XXX?’, back came the response “I’m looking for ZZZZ” at which point someone else jumped on the newbie for coming in and stating their desires!!!

I did point out to the old hand that it was rotten, but it was just shrugged off.

Posted
3 hours ago, Saph1968 said:

I know I can get a bit passive aggressive with my responses towards the end of an evening, but always try and make sure I make it clear that they are welcome to stay and chat (possibly should also mention lurking as an option). 

I have to say the worst instance was a newbie came in and said hello to everyone and then sat back, at which point and old hand asked ‘What are you into XXX?’, back came the response “I’m looking for ZZZZ” at which point someone else jumped on the newbie for coming in and stating their desires!!!

I did point out to the old hand that it was rotten, but it was just shrugged off.

I think the more we try to be positive and encourage new people the better it will get. Don’t get me wrong those that ignore polite, sound advice repeatedly should be reported as should anyone else who’s intention is to be rude, aggressive or intolerant. We should either call on a Mod to deal with it or report them in the room rather than deal with it ourselves. 

Posted

We all forget we were new once, I think we should once a newbie comes out with something we think isn't ok, give them the benefit of the doubt and not all jump on them and lambast them to hell and back.  If they carry one fair do, we used to have a kick feature on IRC for the passing wank fodder.

What doesn't help are inconsistencies, where some users give them the benefit and someone goes in with size 200 Doc Martens over sexual roleplay chat and more. 

Even i myself on my very first chatroom came out with a standard response, because "I had no experience" of the scene per say.  I was damn lucky an old hand, went to the trouble of giving me a 2nd chance and going through "etiquette" and the likes.  30 years later i am still very good friends with these people in the real world.  It just takes everyone having a calm head and not going in like a bull in a china shop and hounding an individual.  If they carry on and just become a pest after the wrong thing then hell yes, give them a roasting.

I title screen with rules and etiquette on sexual roleplay chat etc or a link to standard questions asked, directing them to read it first before putting their foot in mouth. Maybe roleplay chat rooms would help too. 

We used to have owner "OPS" who had control over who got kicked or silenced for a few mins, the downside of this was, they always got flack and couldn't enjoy themselves as much and you really needed several to cover 24/7.  That and the odd private rooms ops did get a bit demigodish, which is always a risk.

Just added, i for once just noticed when accessing the room seen the little red rules link... me bad, slap wrist nahhh just get a tattoo gun out it's more fun :)

Posted
14 hours ago, TeeJay98 said:

Facetious, I like that word 😎

Posted
8 hours ago, MrE-1985 said:

Facetious, I like that word 😎

Good 😎 its sticking 

Posted
On 10/18/2019 at 12:40 PM, TeeJay98 said:

Yes there must be. However I think that this is also part of the issue. We know that with the overload of Ts&Cs that very few people read that kind of thing so I suspect that 80% plus of people arrive in the lobby thinking it is a 'Sexual roleplay Chat Rooms'  and if they don't take the time to read the room they jump in with the out bursts. 

Also when they see the 'in role' play they assume that 'sexual role play chat' is allowed.

An interesting though,t which should be technically possible is for an automated 'whisper' to be sent to each person as they joined the lobby. Along the lines of Taty's stock cut and paste to warn against 'Personal Info Posting, and 'sexual roleplay chat'. And suggesting they read the rules.

Obviously still need to get a definition of sexual roleplay chat sorted out so we don't break the rules ourselves

Posted
38 minutes ago, Saph1968 said:

Yes there must be. However I think that this is also part of the issue. We know that with the overload of Ts&Cs that very few people read that kind of thing so I suspect that 80% plus of people arrive in the lobby thinking it is a 'Sex Chat Room'  and if they don't take the time to read the room they jump in with the out bursts. 

Also when they see the 'in role' play they assume that 'role play' is allowed.

An interesting though, which should be technically possible is for an automated 'whisper' to be sent to each person as they joined the lobby. Along the lines of Taty's stock cut and paste to warn against 'Personal Info Posting, and 'role-play'. And suggesting they read the rules.

Obviously still need to get a definition of role play sorted out so we don't break the rules ourselves

I am still waiting to hear back, as soon as I do I will post it in here. 

Posted

This is something that gets raised from time to time.... there is no way to really police it.  i think it boils down to if you are trying to rp something sexual or a sexual roleplay chat  in lobby then thats a no no but if you are *hugging* then thats a bit different. i remember when they had a clamp down on it a while ago and i just moved on to hyperthetically hugging people....  which isnt RP and there fore not breaking the rules....

Posted
5 hours ago, BeardedSi said:

This is something that gets raised from time to time.... there is no way to really police it.  i think it boils down to if you are trying to rp something sexual in lobby then thats a no no but if you are *hugging* then thats a bit different. i remember when they had a clamp down on it a while ago and i just moved on to hyperthetically hugging people....  which isnt RP and there fore not breaking the rules....

I think a bit of clarity would help people so I am hoping I hear back soon. 

Posted

If people are entering the room and reply to Their Dom/Dommes as Sir Mam, or even friends hugging, there is no real problem, it's when they drag it on as part of a scene, especially in the lobby.  But as stated, it has always been impossible to police in any of the chat rooms i have frequented for years.  You literally have to have an army of members who have the capability to kick out of the chat room if the constantly don't follow rules. This in itself sadly brings a lot of baggage and possible accusations of cronyism and favouritism and has ***d many a good chatroom to die off.  It's a very fine balancing act that can work very well or go tits up in a bad way and most web page owners avoid like the plague.

Posted
On 10/21/2019 at 6:29 PM, smeagol said:

If people are entering the room and reply to Their Dom/Dommes as Sir Mam, or even friends hugging, there is no real problem, it's when they drag it on as part of a scene, especially in the lobby.  But as stated, it has always been impossible to police in any of the chat rooms i have frequented for years.  You literally have to have an army of members who have the capability to kick out of the chat room if the constantly don't follow rules. This in itself sadly brings a lot of baggage and possible accusations of cronyism and favouritism and has ***d many a good chatroom to die off.  It's a very fine balancing act that can work very well or go tits up in a bad way and most web page owners avoid like the plague.

I don’t want to become the fun police, do not have a problem with people addressing their significant others the way they choose at all, or have a problem with hugging hello, but like you I do have a problem when someone drags it on.  It can make me feel uncomfortable, which isn’t fair. There are lots of mediums people can use if they want to continue being in role or to sexual roleplay chat. I don’t want anyone thinking it’s because I’m a prude, because I’m really not, I’m maybe just a bit more private than some. 

I am hoping that the site make it a bit clearer what they consider sexual roleplay chat as I think it will make life easier for everyone. And see about roleplay chat rooms.

Posted

nah your not becoming the fun police, if anyone isn't enjoying their experience they need to voice it and see if things can be discussed.  Otherwise channel/site owners will not know the depth of something till it dies off, then it's next to impossible to get it back up and running again.

The only real way to sort it out is have a room set aside for it all and roleplay chat rooms so people once they get to know the rules can decide which room they should feel more comfortable in.  It goes both ways, some people who like to scene in public might feel victimised, so we also have to cater for them.

IRC used to have totally separate Gorean rooms for those in to GOR for example, and always a flash message would pop up withthe basic Gorean rules and respect them etc

I do think a flash message on entry and not rely on someone clicking "Room Rules" as to be fair most of us don't click it.

Posted
On 10/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, smeagol said:

nah your not becoming the fun police, if anyone isn't enjoying their experience they need to voice it and see if things can be discussed.  Otherwise channel/site owners will not know the depth of something till it dies off, then it's next to impossible to get it back up and running again.

The only real way to sort it out is have a room set aside for it all and people once they get to know the rules can decide which room they should feel more comfortable in.  It goes both ways, some people who like to scene in public might feel victimised, so we also have to cater for them.

IRC used to have totally separate Gorean rooms for those in to GOR for example, and always a flash message would pop up withthe basic Gorean rules and respect them etc

I do think a flash message on entry and not rely on someone clicking "Room Rules" as to be fair most of us don't click it.

It would be great if the site could cater for everyone, so everyone would feel comfortable and able to enjoy the chat rooms without the *** of upsetting or confusing others. 

I used to be on a swinging site that had different rooms for different areas of the country and other rooms that catered for some kinks and general chat too. They would also flash a message in the chat rooms regularly reminding people of the chat rules and where to find them. They also had Mods who you could call on too if needed, much like here. 

I am hoping the site uses some of the ideas put forward for a sexual roleplay chat room or multiple different roleplay chatrooms, I feel it could be very positive if they do. 

Posted

We are adult here while the main lobby might be kept “clean or drama free the option to open a private room is already in place. If kinksters want to play in that room then it’s up to them. I am kind of fed up with having a policebrigade  here too 

Posted

Well I feel a bit silly here: I don’t really understand what people mean by “sexual roleplay chat” or “scening”. Of course I understand what role-play is in the real world, but with regards to the forums, what exactly does that mean? And scening? What is this? I consider myself reasonably articulate and to have a good command of the English language: indeed I have written extensively in this forum about some subjects that I have experience in or an opinion on, but this has left me completely befuddled! Maybe some kind soul would illuminate this for me…

Posted
18 hours ago, Fredddy said:

Well I feel a bit silly here: I don’t really understand what people mean by “role-play” or “scening”. Of course I understand what role-play is in the real world, but with regards to the forums, what exactly does that mean? And scening? What is this? I consider myself reasonably articulate and to have a good command of the English language: indeed I have written extensively in this forum about some subjects that I have experience in or an opinion on, but this has left me completely befuddled! Maybe some kind soul would illuminate this for me…

I have googled role play and there are a few definitions which is why I am hoping the site can clarify what their definition is. My understanding of scening is when there is a discussion about what activities someone agrees to, the level of intensity, what types of physical and sexual contact, talking about limits etc so basically in the chat room scening could be when two people are talking about what they would like to do to each other or for each other. 

Posted

don't feel silly Fredddy, learning something new is showing interest and intelligence. After all you told me lots about breathing with your diving experience :)

as sub_miss_1 point out, its about kinkster interacting with no restrain in the chat room. It might become a bit more invading for some as we are not all into the same kink. 

to be more specific one could start asking if anybody is into pissing and will start to indulge into it with either explicit gif or talk about it plainly in front of others. One dom could ask if any sub want to serve him right righ now etc...

Posted
41 minutes ago, FabSeverus said:

don't feel silly Fredddy, learning something new is showing interest and intelligence. After all you told me lots about breathing with your diving experience :)

as sub_miss_1 point out, its about kinkster interacting with no restrain in the chat room. It might become a bit more invading for some as we are not all into the same kink. 

to be more specific one could start asking if anybody is into pissing and will start to indulge into it with either explicit gif or talk about it plainly in front of others. One dom could ask if any sub want to serve him right righ now etc...

you explained it so much better than me...thank you :)