If you had no work or family entanglements, what city would you live in?

Hermetic

Hermetic
Posted

Real life has a nasty way of tieing us down. 

Are you geographically in your happy place? Or is there someplace you think would be better?

Posted
I’m not geographically in my happy place. I’d go back to Montana. I have decisions to make soon.
Posted
I’m open to any town outside of the country.
Posted
I’d love to live in San Francisco! It is such an amazing city!
sardonicus87
Posted
Given where I'm stuck living, there's a lot of places that would be better in many ways. But these same places would also be worse in other ways given what my situation would be without any of the aforementioned entanglements. There's literally no place I can think of that would be overall better, because I'd be in the same boat anywhere else—either I'd have to be a completely different person, or the majority of society would have to be different. As it stands, I got extremely lucky in my situation to have met anyone at all and be given a chance. Related specifically to kink though, there's nowhere that won't be any more than marginally better for me just on that front.
Posted

Cost of living is an enormous factor here too, if we're having a realistic discussion . 

Posted
I used to live in London but l hated it. So in 1997 l escaped to a beautifully gorgeous village in north Wales in the stunning Snowdonia National Park. I’ve lived in the same home here since l moved. I don’t want to live anywhere else. The thought of living in a city again fills with dread. There is no crime where l live. So there’s no way it’s go back to city living. When my mother died in 2020 my last connection to London was gone and l don’t miss it at all.
Posted
I live near the sea on the South Coast. Wouldn’t want to live in a city having to visit cities are bad enough though work.
Posted
A new physical location, in most average cases means the weather and plants growing around you are different but the problems are the same.
Posted
That said id live in a cabin in the woods by a lake any day
BigFatWhiteGuy
Posted

I hate to say it, I feel like an asshole for thinking it... but I would rather live in a fairly "working class" suburb of Bucharest. There's a woman there...

I don't think my wife would appreciate it.

As for a city in the USA, I've lived in 3 different states and visited many others. I think I'm in a decent place.

Posted
Comparatively reasonable cost of living and climate-related issues (so far) are minimal compared to other places. I've lived on the west coast and New England previously, both have their ups and downs. If it hadn't gotten so unbearably hot in the past few years I'd consider moving to the southwest though. I think the dessert is really beautiful.
BigFatWhiteGuy
Posted

One gets used to 116F summers pretty quickly, and the winters in Phoenix are the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Christmas is a BBQ holiday here.

Posted
On 4/15/2024 at 6:22 AM, zAlex said:

I live near the sea on the South Coast. Wouldn’t want to live in a city having to visit cities are bad enough though work.

South coast of what country? This is an international site.