Unsatisfied sub

Posted

My Dom and I have been living together for over 2 years. Over the past year I feel like we have a more conventional relationship versus the Dom/sub lifestyle in our daily life. I thrived on the dynamic and have been struggling without it in the bedroom and out. I'm not sure how to approach him about this topic. Was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Posted

I think just when there's appropriate time for a conversation, bring up what you miss.

It may well be he misses the same but things had got out of the spiral and raising a conversation could be a good way to get back into it.

Posted

TBH I see the been living together for 2 years, and unsure how to approach him as a red flag.  All relationships require good communication to work, especially ones with a power dynamic.  There could be multiple reasons for the change in dynamic, he could be not as into it as you are, he might not feel comfortable with  you, being a dom can take a lot of effort and he may be exhausted from work or stressed about something else, or he might just think you don't want it. The only way to figure it out is to sit down and ask him what is going on on his  side of things.  Wish you the best!

Posted

I wouldn' t say it's quite a red flag, as we had this problem as well.  It is all about communication.  If you find it a bit hard to bring it up in conversation, write him a letter, hand it to him and let him read and digest it all. And give him some space to think about it all, as well. Often it's easier to write it down so it doesn't end up in a shouting match where you're interrupting each other  and neither of yousays what you need to say.  We sorted it out by this method and as a result everything's bigger and badder ;) than before and the dynamic not only got re-established but refined. Good luck.

Posted

its very hard to get a 24/7. More demanding, more stressful. 
It’s always wise to establish some time out. A Dom need some space and time to refuelled himself. 

I don’t live with my sub but being in contact daily with her show how it could be sometime difficult. the dynamics is very demanding, being positive all the time, showing interest, finding new roles play, new task if any, keep her mind interested, teasing, answer all her questions, sometime having a little positive arguments, etc 

all this within a 24/7 is even more demanding. 
As suggested of course have a proper adult chat and see if he might need a break before a month of more. 
when the kinky life is a norm it loss his appeal for some