Need advice from women who have been pregnant

Posted

So I'm 16 weeks pregnant yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy! I've gotten through the bulk of the morning sick so yaaaaay on that too! Now just having hard trouble sleeping and starting to have back ***.

The problem is I have bipolar disorder and I'd say for a while everything was fine.. Yes I do have medication and yes I take them. I've just had A LOT of insecurity feelings lately.

It's driving me crazy! My Master, God Bless Him! Is being extremely patient with me and loving, I don't know how he does it.  My husband too. They both have had the patience of an angel.  I also admit that before pregnancy I well I obsessed to put it nicely, my weight. I don't have an eating disorder I eat, exercise as much as is safe, and weigh myself everyday. Although whenever I see that scale go up or stay where it is, I find myself feeling beaten. 

I also admit that I'm feeling insecure about everything! Being a wife, being a submissive, being EVERYTHING! 

Anyone have this too?

Posted
I've had five kids and although I don't have bipolar I do have OCD, this is a background thing in my life normally however during pregnancy it goes kind of crazy and I have to hold my more severe compulsions back(wanting to drink bleach) is an example lol. It's normal to feel anxious during pregnancy especially a first but I think this is really heightened for those of us with mental health conditions . I did feel insecure as well at first it's a lot to get used to , hopefully as your pregnancy progresses you'll feel more confident . Don't forget to enjoy this time , I know it's not easy always but it goes by quickly . CONGRATULATIONS XXXXXX
Posted

Everything you're feeling is normal. You have a gazillion hormones coursing through you. You're going through huge changes.

Of course you're going to feel insecure. 

The weight thing? You are going through the most miraculous thing ever... you're giving life. So you need to gain a bit of weight to do it, that's all.

You're not alone. How you feel is normal. Enjoy it xxxx

Posted

Congratulations!  The weight thing - if you've always had a battle with it - could be due to a slow  or malfunctioning metabolism.  I was eating and exercising enough to put myself into 'minus calories' after chemo for breast cancer and I was gaining weight, which seemed impossible. And I just got more and more exhausted. Finally found out - after crash-tackling my oncologist, literally - that Herceptin, which was used during the treatment, had a side effect of slowing the metabolism to a dead stop. My GP put me on Duromine and the weight's coming off in conjunction with a TRE plan, sort-of Keto (no potatoes, white bread, rice or pasta, 40 g daily carb limit) and intake of 800 calories a day - and it's amazing how much 800 calories can be. Only downer is that Duromine keeps you awake, so I sleep with the help of one hayfever tablet a night.  But true, you are eating for 2 now...wishing you all the best, sounds like you have a fab 'support system'.

Posted
Honey after giving birth I felt rebirthed as well and that’s not always a good thing lol I suggest you find a good mommy group to help with those feelings, just don’t put too much of your personal life on these sights specially now that you have a baby, lots of pervs out there. Good luck momma.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 1/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, Vandalslut said:

Congratulations!  The weight thing - if you've always had a battle with it - could be due to a slow  or malfunctioning metabolism.  I was eating and exercising enough to put myself into 'minus calories' after chemo for breast cancer and I was gaining weight, which seemed impossible. And I just got more and more exhausted. Finally found out - after crash-tackling my oncologist, literally - that Herceptin, which was used during the treatment, had a side effect of slowing the metabolism to a dead stop. My GP put me on Duromine and the weight's coming off in conjunction with a TRE plan, sort-of Keto (no potatoes, white bread, rice or pasta, 40 g daily carb limit) and intake of 800 calories a day - and it's amazing how much 800 calories can be. Only downer is that Duromine keeps you awake, so I sleep with the help of one hayfever tablet a night.  But true, you are eating for 2 now...wishing you all the best, sounds like you have a fab 'support system'.

Thank you!

Posted
On 1/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Everything you're feeling is normal. You have a gazillion hormones coursing through you. You're going through huge changes.

Of course you're going to feel insecure. 

The weight thing? You are going through the most miraculous thing ever... you're giving life. So you need to gain a bit of weight to do it, that's all.

You're not alone. How you feel is normal. Enjoy it xxxx

Thank you

Posted
On 1/15/2020 at 12:50 PM, Nerdycat said:

I've had five kids and although I don't have bipolar I do have OCD, this is a background thing in my life normally however during pregnancy it goes kind of crazy and I have to hold my more severe compulsions back(wanting to drink bleach) is an example lol. It's normal to feel anxious during pregnancy especially a first but I think this is really heightened for those of us with mental health conditions . I did feel insecure as well at first it's a lot to get used to , hopefully as your pregnancy progresses you'll feel more confident . Don't forget to enjoy this time , I know it's not easy always but it goes by quickly . CONGRATULATIONS XXXXXX

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Congratulations Alesa. 

What your feeling is normal, your hormonal and more than likely overwhelmed by a bunch of different emotions. 

Remember that your not alone, maybe speak to your doctor and see if they can offer any additional support? 

Wishing you all the best. 

Edited by TJ_Pup