Android App

Posted

Is the android app ever coming back? Its been gone from the Google Play store for weeks now, more than enough time to investigate the issues as stated in previous questions about it.

Posted

Hi @ShadowedAcie, I hope you're well :)  We hope that the FET app will be back in the Google Play Store very soon, ready for kinksters to download the new version. The reason it is no longer available in the Play Store is that Google has got a lot more... ermmm, prudish... and has suspended our account for allegedly violating their Sexuality & Profanity policy. 

We are currently in the process of appealing this decision, which we think is frankly absurd and shortsighted. We have explained that FET is a safe, sane, and consensual space to educate those with a widely-misunderstood lifestyle. We take inspiration from mainstream apps currently on Play Store such as Tinder and Badoo for FET's guidelines.

So we are in a waiting game for now. I will update you when I know more. 

:purple_heart:

Posted

Funny how there's other fetish apps available though, sex apps too come to that

Posted

The desktop version is better anyway and for those who may not be happy, you know where the door is

Posted

I find all desk top versions better, whatever the site

Posted

I feel your ***! I deleted a bunch of apps off my phone, not realizing I wouldn't be able to reinstall the Fet app. I actually wanted to go on the chat room, see my old pals today and found that nope, ain't gonna happen. (I find the website intolerable for the chat room.) See y'all eventually, I reckon. To those who would show me the door, bring your pallet jack. *chortle*

Posted

Oh, I guess I should be careful not to delete the app then haha

Posted
On 9/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, quietlysure said:

Funny how there's other fetish apps available though, sex apps too come to that

But, without being funny.  You don't know what the actual content of these apps are.   To pick an example in my head - Whiplr - that was a sex/fetish app but you couldn't do very much on it.  All photos have to be SFW and approved and it is/was very heavily moderated.  Fetlife gave up trying to get an app passed.  Most of the other sex apps are just reskinned dating apps which again are heavily restricted.

Posted

I think obviously anyone who uses/loves the app - obviously don't delete it in the short term because you won't be able to get it back - but - if this becomes a long/ongoing thing then - well - there's a whole bunch of security and tech reasons why not to keep unsupported apps on your phone (including: if a hacker finds a vulnerability then the creators can't patch it) 

Posted

I wouldn’t go on Fetish without the app. I just can’t get privacy with my desktop guaranteed the vast majority of the time. And using the website on my phone is not easy - not very mobile friendly. I have iOS so it’s not an issue yet but I would have become even less of a regular than I am now.

Posted
On 9/16/2020 at 9:41 AM, Annalou said:

Hi @ShadowedAcie, I hope you're well :)  We hope that the FET app will be back in the Google Play Store very soon, ready for kinksters to download the new version. The reason it is no longer available in the Play Store is that Google has got a lot more... ermmm, prudish... and has suspended our account for allegedly violating their Sexuality & Profanity policy. 

We are currently in the process of appealing this decision, which we think is frankly absurd and shortsighted. We have explained that FET is a safe, sane, and consensual space to educate those with a widely-misunderstood lifestyle. We take inspiration from mainstream apps currently on Play Store such as Tinder and Badoo for FET's guidelines.

So we are in a waiting game for now. I will update you when I know more. 

:purple_heart:

Would you be willing to release the APK files to install without the google play store, I rather prefer using an app,

TIA, Harry.